VIVO, a 50:50 joint venture between Serco and EQUANS, has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
VIVO embodies both experience and innovation. It combines Serco's comprehensive track record delivering engineering, technical and FM services to the UK MOD for over 55 years with EQUANS' market leading FM, energy, asset optimisation and regeneration capabilities.
Location: RAF Fairford (Travel to local sites required)
Full Time - Permanent 40 hrs
Salary: Competitive + Use of Van + Fuel Card
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to undertake repairs, maintenance and small minor-new works at RAF Fairford and the surrounding area.
Employees in this role will provide key operational support to the VIVO business, delivering a great service to our customers, whilst ensuring works are completed on time and within service requirements.
- Undertake Statutory, Mandatory and Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks in a safe and efficient manner and ensure all relevant records and documentation is completed comprehensively.
- Carry out reactive repairs / callouts on the sites mechanical and heating systems so that the mission critical assets in a timely manner, aiming to always complete within contractual SLA timescales.
- Undertake minor installation works e.g. refurbishment projects
- Manage a schedule of work and ensure all associated administration duties are completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Work with minimal supervision and have the ability to make decisions on the most appropriate repair solution.
- Ensure all H&S documentation (RAMS) are present prior to engaging the task
- Work from drawings and specifications and other documentation without the need for direct supervision
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets via the PDA and ensure all documentation relating to maintenance and response works is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner
- Notify management of any defects on equipment or systems
- Provide exceptional service to our high-profile client and go the extra mile to deliver to the highest quality standard in all building areas
- Attend training as and when required to continue your development in the role and comply with changes within the industry.
- Attend team briefs, Toolbox talks and technical bulletins on a monthly basis or as when required.
- To demonstrate VIVO core values to internal and external customers and colleagues
- To mentor apprentices as and when required
- Liaise with the End User (Military), DIO and members of VIVO supply chain when required.
What You'll Need For The Role:
- City and Guilds in Plumbing or Pipe Fitting or OFTEC or equivalent
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety requirements including COSHH and RIDDOR
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Must have ability to obtain 'SC' level Security Clearance
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Ability to self-motivate
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working within a commercial environment
- Understanding the requirements of the JSP 375
- Accredited First Aid qualification
- Accredited Health and Safety qualification
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Previous experience of operating in an MOD environment and/or previous SC clearance
VIVO Defence Services
The role you have applied for is with VIVO Defence Services, a joint venture between Serco and EQUANS. By applying for this role, please be aware that information contained within your CV may be shared between VIVO Defence Services, Serco and EQUANS during the recruitment process.
At VIVO, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. Therefore, we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool.
We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working and operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident Employer. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. If candidates wish to request extra time to apply then they should contact 0345 010 4000 and ask to speak to a VIVO Recruiter.