Specialist Coordinator (Medical Facility)
UK Defence Academy
Shrivenham, SN6 8LA
Full Time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Monday - Thursday (0800 - 1600) & Friday (0800 - 1530)
£24,962 per annum plus benefits
Serco have an exciting opportunity for a Medical Centre Specialist Coordinator to join our team based at the Defence Academy in Shrivenham, Swindon. This role will be responsible to the Practice Manager and the Senior Medical Officer for all matters relating to the coordination and delivery of both Medical Administrative and Reception support within the Medical Centre. You will provide first Line Management to the Serco Medical Centre Lead Administrators and will actively participate in the recruitment of staff, allocate work, monitor, and manage absences, wellbeing and learning and development requirements as well as conducting annual performance reviews.
Serco at the Defence Academy provides Facilities Management across all aspects of the site including Estates, Logistics, various Supporting Services, together with Cleaning, Catering and Waste Management through ESS.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensure standardisation of all Administration and Reception practices and the production of work instructions to complement current Medical Centre, Unit and Defence Primary Heath Care (DPHC) procedures.
- Act in collaboration with PM as the focal point for locating and interpreting Medical Policy across MODNET and NHS system.
- Ensure in accordance with DPHC and other policy directives, that the processing and dispatch of medical documentation and patient records are correctly maintained to a high standard and within timelines.
- Ensure that the correct medical documentation and IT processes are used to refer patients to primary and secondary care facilities, notifying patients of subsequent appointments or admissions and regularly reviewing referrals tracking systems to ensure that referrals have been received by the relevant care provider and/or appointments have been reviewed by patients.
- Ensure that monthly searches are carried out on the Defence Medical Information Capability Programme (DMICP) IT System, for personnel due occupational and non-occupational medical examinations, procedures and review of medical employment standards and notifying patients of the requirement to attend for any review of the above including hastening overdue patients.
- Complete all associated DMICP roles associated with Practice Manager and PHC Administrator both Clinical and non-Clinical.
- Assist in the management of the Medical Centre and the Equipment stock.
- Compilation of detailed Monthly Performance Report for the Logistics Support Services Supervisor.
What you need to do the job:
- Good level of general education, with proven business writing skills and Maths.
- Previous experience of working within a Clinical Environment is desirable.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills such as coaching, training, recruitment, and performance management.
- Previous Administration and/or Secretarial experience.
- Knowledge of general office practices.
- Ability to demonstrate electronic calendar management.
- Able to work within confidential guidelines when assisting with discreet medical issues.
- Professional and engaging communication through a variety of communication methods (spoken, written, behaviour).
- Able to work unsupervised and under pressure, with conflicting demands of customer and colleagues.
- Must be methodical, have proven organisational skills and ability to proactively manage departmental workload, delegating responsibility where necessary.
- PC literate, with a good level of experience in MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel.
- You will have to gain enhanced clearance within the first 3 months of employment. Serco will arrange this on your behalf.
The Defence Academy sits within a beautiful and secure site which hosts 2 lakes and is surrounded by acres of scenic woodland. The Academy trains the future commanders and staff officers of all three UK Armed Services and those from many countries around the world. Other benefits of working on this site include:
- Free, secure onsite parking.
- Opportunity to join many sports and activity clubs (heavily subsidised subscription costs).
- Gym membership, the site boasting 2 fully equipped gymnasiums.
- 18-hole golf course (annual membership circa £375).
- Fully equipped riding stables, with the opportunity for lessons.
- Other sporting facilities include tennis courts, Astro-turf football pitches and much more.
What we offer:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and the chance to purchase additional days.
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme.
- Serco-Flex - local working policy which supports home working options dependant on role requirements.
- Serco discounts which include cinema, entertainment and online shopping discounts, and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- We are constantly challenging ourselves and each other to deliver brilliantly, and you will too, working in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
- A wealth of career development training to suit your future aspirations. These range from role specific training, leadership coaching, formal study and much more to support you to build your career with Serco.
- A safe and supportive culture.
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly Disability Confident Leader employers and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the 'Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.