Do you have experience in the maintenance, repair and overhaul of aircraft systems and/or structures?
Are you a timed served apprentice or hold an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in engineering or manufacturing?
Hamble Aerostructures, part of the Aernnova group of companies, are a leading aerostructures organisation specialising in the design, manufacturing and services of aerostructures and components such as wings, empennages and fuselage sections.
We are looking for talented Military Aircraft Surveyors who are performance driven to join a growing global team which is highly committed to our customers
Working as part of an established team within the Military transformation department, this role is highly skilled and will undertake to strip, repair and assemble aircraft structures, components and sub-assemblies for various aircraft.
Reporting directly to the section Team Leader/Shop Floor Manager, you will participate within a team and work with functional specialists (such as Engineering, Quality, etc) to ensure production requirements are achieved safely, on time and to the customer specifications.
Will include but is not limited to:
- Read and follow work instructions, specifications and part drawings (accessed via PC).
- Read and interpret engineering data, technical drawings, specifications, repair schemes, Manufacturing Procedures (MPs) and other approved maintenance data.
- Accurately complete work route cards to maintain component traceability.
- Measuring and marking out of materials to carry out close tolerance hand fitting processes.
- Precision drilling, countersink, reaming and finishing of holes in aircraft structure assemblies.
- Sealing and jointing techniques for environmental protection and sealing of aircraft structures.
- Assembly of pipework for various types of aircraft.
- Alignment, rigging, pressure and functional testing of aircraft control systems.
- Using digital technology highlight areas of non-conformity against drawing specifications.
- Carry out specialist cleaning of fuel tanks.
- Carry out inspection surveys on product.
- Inspect structure and paint finishes in line with drawings and specifications.
- Report out findings from survey completion to key stakeholders.
- Create inspection report using analytical data from surveys.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Engineering or Manufacturing, or time-served apprenticeship in allied trades.
- Preferred experience in the maintenance, repair and overhaul of aircraft systems and/or structures.
- Military aircraft preferred, however, civil/commercial aircraft experience also accepted.
- Previous experience of manufacture of complex metallic and composite structures is desirable but not essential.
- Working understanding of the 5S and lean principles.
- Competent in using equipment specific to inspection (e.g. verniers dial test indicators).
- Numeracy, literacy and IT skills, and able to read and understand technical documentation, including via computer/IT equipment.
- There are certain aspects of this role that require mechanical / manual lifting of parts so some lifting will be required, and applicants must be capable of undertaking activities with appropriate assistance if required.
What you will get from Hamble Aerostructures
Code of Ethics expresses who Hamble Aerostructures are: A competitive and profitable company that conducts business in an ethical framework of commitment to employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, communities and institutions.
Hamble Aerostructures actively promotes environmental protection in their designs, considering the environmental impact throughout the product life cycle and through continuous improvement of its products and processes
Benefits of working for Hamble Aerostructures include:
- 26-days holiday as standard (plus the ability to buy/sell holiday)
- 10% employer pension contribution
- Life cover
- Private medical health care (after 2-years of service)
- Discounted Costco membership
- Onsite parking
- Onsite gym and restaurant