VIVO, a 50:50 joint venture between Serco and EQUANS, has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
VIVO embodies both experience and innovation. It combines Serco's comprehensive track record delivering engineering, technical and FM services to the UK MOD for over 55 years with EQUANS' market leading FM, energy, asset optimisation and regeneration capabilities.
Location: RAF Coningsby, Lincolnshire (Travel between local sites required)
Salary: Up to £45,000 (Depending on experience) + Car Allowance
Term: Full Time/Perm
An exciting new opportunity for a Mobile Authorised Person to join the team to cover the management and execution of all work relating to the delivery of the Core Services / Billable Works element of the Contract within an Area. To manage and deliver the JSP375 SSoW, Safety Rules and Procedures with the team in the satisfactory execution of the maintenance, reactive and Billable Works environment.
- Accept responsibility for the practical implementation and operation of JSP375 to support the effective and timely delivery of Billable Works, planned and response maintenance.
- Ensure as far as reasonably practical that all persons within the area you deliver services observe the requirements of JSP375.
- Assess the competence of Skilled Persons for appointment to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and review experience and performance regularly.
- Produce high quality Risk Assessments and Method Statements and, where required, issue safety programmes and Permits to Work.
- Provide professional and technical support and advice to VIVO site team, Supply Chain, DIO and end users.
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the Maximo system and ensure all documentation relating to jobs is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
- Manage project work as directed by Management and confer with the Billable Works team to ensure that all works are completed to the required standards.
- Review site risk registers, follow maintenance and management processes, notify Management of any defects on equipment or systems and attained and contribute to risk meetings as required.
- Reduce the number of corrective actions (CARs) raised and close existing CARs within agreed timescales.
- Liaise closely with Authorising Engineers and take ownership of personal training plan, familiarisation and knowledge across all sites within the area you are responsible for, maintain accurate records within personal logbook for site attendance and activities undertaken.
- Identify and recommend opportunities on establishments that will support the MoD's carbon reduction targets.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of Safe Systems of Work and JSP375 processes and maintain focus on site compliance to deliver results
What You'll Need For The Role:
- Significant practical experience of Safe Systems of Work including:
- Management of the Operational Delivery of JSP375
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrable experience of working in a collaborative environment.
- Experience of supervising site operations, including:
- Managing staff in the appropriate disciplines
- Planning, directing and controlling activities
- Management of resources to achieve results
- Agreeing scope and priorities of work
- Familiarity with the sites and equipment for which you are responsible for.
- Member of British Institute of Facilities Management
- Associate member or Member of a recognised professional body.
- You must be able to work and operate across multiple sites on own incentives with lite touch line management.
- Full Driving license required, able to be mobile across multiple sites.
- You'll partake in area 'out of hours on call' rota
- Ideally available to perform overtime when required to support the business and end-user operational needs.
- Successful candidates will need to be able to obtain at least BPSS Level Security Clearance.
VIVO Defence Services
The role you have applied for is with VIVO Defence Services, a joint venture between Serco and EQUANS. By applying for this role, please be aware that information contained within your CV may be shared between VIVO Defence Services, Serco and EQUANS during the recruitment process.
At VIVO, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. Therefore, we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool.
We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working and operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident Employer. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. If candidates wish to request extra time to apply then they should contact 0345 010 4000 and ask to speak to a VIVO Recruiter.