VIVO, a 50:50 joint venture between Serco and EQUANS, has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
VIVO embodies both experience and innovation. It combines Serco's comprehensive track record delivering engineering, technical and FM services to the UK MOD for over 55 years with EQUANS' market leading FM, energy, asset optimisation and regeneration capabilities.
Location: RNAS Culdrose, Helston, Cornwall
Permanent/ Full time
Salary: £27,000 - £30,000 p.a + Use of Company Vehicle
An exciting new role to undertake preventative and reactive emergency and routine maintenance repairs to a variety of building fabric services, on MOD buildings, providing a customer focused and cost-effective service.
- Carry out repairs to a variety of building services and demonstrate their competence to multi-skill outside their core trade to include minor plumbing works, building work, and grounds work and drainage related leaks
- Be involved with refurbishment, planned and reactive maintenance.
- Work with minimal supervision and have the ability to make decisions on the most appropriate repair solution.
- To undertake a continual programme of risk assessment in relation to your role
- Provide exceptional service to our high-profile client and go the extra mile to deliver to the highest quality standard in all building areas
- Utilise both electronic and paper-based systems to accurately record documentation including the use of materials against each job.
- Attend training as and when required to continue your development in the role and comply with changes within the industry.
- Attend team briefs, Toolbox talks and technical bulletins on a monthly basis or as when required.
- To demonstrate VIVO core values to internal and external customers and colleagues
- To mentor apprentices as and when required
- Liaise with the End user (Military), DIO and members of VIVO supply chain when required.
- Ensure all H&S documentation (RAMS) are present prior to engaging the task
- Requirement to travel across all sites within area of responsibility
- Demonstrable practical experience in building fabric services in Commercial and Industrial environments, including:
- A good understanding of building fabric requirements in a busy, fast paced environment
- Flexible approach to work requirements and hours of work
- Prioritising tasks to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team including:
- Planning and completing personal objectives
- Working as part of a wider team to ensure compliance with KPIs
- Providing face to face support and advice to customers across the business
- Experience of operating in a security sensitive environment/and or previous SC clearance
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety requirements including COSHH and RIDDOR
- Experience of operating in an MOD environment
- Experience of the Asbestos at Work Act, DDA, Legionella, COSHH, Sustainability etc.
Training and Qualifications:
- Trade Background & Qualifications (recognised qualification or apprenticeship)
- Extensive Knowledge in building fabric services
- Good standards of numeracy and literacy
- Basic IT skills, including using a PDA
- Able to obtain and maintain basic and SC security clearance
- Full UK driving licence
Please note, in order to be considered for this position, you must be able to pass BPSS security clearance.
VIVO Defence Services
The role you have applied for is with VIVO Defence Services, a joint venture between Serco and EQUANS. By applying for this role, please be aware that information contained within your CV may be shared between VIVO Defence Services, Serco and EQUANS during the recruitment process.
At VIVO, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. Therefore, we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool.
We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working and operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident Employer. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. If candidates wish to request extra time to apply then they should contact 0345 010 4000 and ask to speak to a VIVO Recruiter.