This role is for a leading high-quality IT channel-focused Internet Service Provider with a large national Dark Fibre network. They give their clients access to one of the most diverse and resilient networks in the UK and provide; Ethernet Connectivity, Broadband, specialist Cloud Solutions and Data Centre Colocation.
They are driven by employees that want to learn, build a career path and achieve.
They are looking for an individual to join their dedicated NOC team. You will play a vital role in the delivery of their network to customers and be a key player in creating a clear network strategy and deliver projects to support business initiatives. They need someone who is highly motivated, with a demonstrated networking background combined with a passion for problem solving and providing excellent customer service.
- Provide operational support including configuring, installing, maintaining and troubleshooting the network's infrastructure;
- Physical and remote support of their data centre and exchange network;
- Design, configure and deploy complex customer solutions and ensure that the customer's requirements are met;
- Proactively initiate projects that build a smart, resilient and secure network which enables the business to work in a more efficient and protected way;
- Take ownership of complex investigations and escalated service desk tickets to ensure that customer's requirements and SLAs are met;
- Work with a variety of systems and monitoring tools that interact with a live networking environment;
- Create and maintain documentation in the relevant systems, appropriate to the environment;
- Drive and maintain good working practice with clear communication;
- Ensure that internal and external processes and procedures are followed to guarantee a consistent and quality of service;
- Participation in the Company's Out of Hours On-call Rota (additional remuneration).
- JNCIA or equivalent network qualification minimum
- CCNA certifications desirable
- Demonstrated experience with JUNOS and CISCO network equipment environments
- Understanding of MPLS and related technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and can deliver high-quality work
- An aptitude and willingness to learn new technical disciplines
What you'll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Discounts at 0000's of high-street shops and eateries
- Opportunity for training and development
- Private Health Care
- Pension Scheme
No recruitment agencies please.