Networks Technical Specialist
Solihull - hybrid (with national and international travel)
Full Time, Permanent
Between £55,000-£60,000 per annum (dependant on experience) + company vehicle
Here at Serco, we are seeking a Networks Technical Specialist who will be responsible for the overall low-level design and engineering configuration of the Networks Standard Service, working with suppliers and operational teams to continually review the technology currency and deployments to assure fit for purpose and performance. This is a more technically in-depth role than the Technical Lead, as it involves being immersed within the technical detail rather than the higher-level governance and architecture.
You will be responsible for the development and ongoing management of technical products and low-level design across the entire lifecycle, identifying and controlling technical costs of the service. They are actively managing consumer satisfaction with the functionality, adhering to both short and long-term roadmaps for the service ensuring it continues to meet the business needs.
As part of this you'll:
- You will work with the Networks Standard Service Manager to determine and agree business functional and non-functional expectations by working with the IT Business Partners, the business and specifying the external research needed to obtain market information
- You will work with partners/3rd parties and engineering teams to document practically how the technology is designed and deployed for the Networks Standard Service, constantly working with the internal and external teams to improve technical configurations to improve performance.
- Provide technical data for Networks Standard Service communications by defining Service Catalogue entries for the Technical Products and practical configuration information to support operations and solutions in consuming the services
- You will work with Networks Standard Service - Service Lead and Service Management to support the achievement of Service level targets, working with the Service Management, Operational Team sand partners/3rd parties to understand issues, resolve problems and improve performance. Following any performance issues, the Technical Specialist is responsible for reviewing the Technical Products to identify associated systemic issues and work with Partners/3rd Parties to address these
- You will provide detailed information for management by assisting the Networks Technical Leads with short-term and long-term roadmaps covering all technical aspects of the service, working with Solutions and Partners/3rd Parties to improve detail and costings
- Support bringing new services into live by analysing proposed functional/non-functional
- requirements, developing technical options and recommendations, preparing low level Deployment/Configuration Designs and ongoing operational cost models; establishing time schedules with Operations and partners/3rd parties to implement the required technologies, skills and procedures
- Report on Networks Standard Service technical costs and impact on TCO costing by reviewing 3rd party support costs, internal delivery and operating costs, anticipating volume changes and cost impact within the teams
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by constantly scanning/reviewing the market, attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
What you'll need to do the role:
- Cisco CCNA - or equivalent network experience (5 years) at an engineer level
- Excellent people skills that facilitate smooth and positive interactions in a matrix environment, that result in the establishment of long-lasting relationships with the business
- Must have very detailed engineering/technical knowledge and experience of the service they are responsible for designing, able to not only articulate features and technologies, but able to assimilate changes from the market into roadmaps and sufficiently detailed to actively enable operational teams
Meaningful and vital work: In this position, your work is vital to the business, in terms of decisions and growth. You will gain a world of opportunity working for a globally operating business delivering essential services across 5 vital sectors, personal growth, achievement, and development won't be hard to find. You'll also work with great people. You'll find yourself working in a highly motivated, supportive environment where no two days are the same, with experienced colleagues who strive for excellence.
What we offer:
- Flexible working considered
- Pension - 6%
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Serco Benefits
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
We see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates. We're a proud holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard and we actively encourage applications from females, those with disabilities or from an ethnic minority background.