Operational Clerk (Gatehouse)
HMP Lowdham Grange, Nottinghamshire
Here at Serco we're looking for an Operational Clerk to join us at HMP Lowdham Grange in Nottinghamshire. You will be joining our well-established team in the prison gatehouse, monitoring all movement in and out of the establishment as well as being the main point of contact for all visitors and staff.
You will be responsible for operating the electronic doors to let people in and out of the building, ensuring these persons are correctly identified as well as conducting all necessary searches.
As part of this you'll:
- Receive deliveries into the establishment completing correct paperwork.
- Issue non security keys and record who they are issued to.
- Staff gates during prisoner movement times.
- Search vehicles coming in and out of the prison.
- Work in the Visits Portal area processing domestic and legal visitors into the establishment.
- Be aware of the requirements placed on all staff under Chapter 2 of the Public Protection Manual- Child contact.
- Search staff, domestic and legal visitors in and out of the establishment.
- Understand and carry out Security Department Post Order.
- Issue radios and body cameras to all staff requiring these.
- Carry out housekeeping duties within the gatehouse.
What you'll need to do the role
First and foremost, the successful candidate needs to work well in a team environment, have excellent attention to detail and the ability to work in a pressurised environment.
The successful applicant will be adaptable, proactive, reliable, and confident. We are looking for someone that can communicate at all levels, build strong working relationships and be a successful part of an ever-growing team.
Meaningful and vital work - You'll contribute to the reintegration of ex-offenders back into society, helping them to address the factors that influence criminal behaviour and lowering reoffending rates
A world of opportunity - With six prisons across the UK and a breadth of roles, you'll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You'll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Flexible and part time working considered
- 10-day pa CPD
- Pension - 6%
- Bike4Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services/prisons sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Serco Benefits package