Faslane, G84 8HL
Full Time, 37.5 Hours
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Here at HMNB Faslane in Clyde we're looking for an Operations Controller to join our us at our Faslane site. The onsite Serco team performs a variety of tasks that centre around the towing of international military vessels along with the transportation of passengers and other assets. In short, we help to keep allied navies operational.
The primary role of the Operations Controller (Clyde) is to ensure that vessels are fully capable to deliver the required operational output. This is accomplished through direct communication with customers, port operations/local management teams, vessel masters and port/Authority representatives. Other tools to achieve this outcome will be the intelligent control of vessel movements, optimising usage and operational spend.
- Obtain authority tasking requirements - highlighting any conflicts to ensure a satisfactory outcome for Serco/the Authority.
- Tasking instructions are correctly communicated to each vessel Master ensuring correct assets are in place to achieve allocated tasking.
- Appropriate task administration is completed correctly with task delivery monitored throughout.
- Essential changes to tasking requirements are managed correctly and tasked to the respective crews and vessels after liaising with the authority/customer.
- Vessel availability will be maximised in conjunction with the technical team and the Authority
- Liaise with the Authority regarding non-contractual vessel movements
- Bunker replenishment is to be optimised in volume, timing and location
- Support vessel operational performance by maximising availability and minimising costs
- Correctly maintain vessel manning/tasking and timing in FLEET on a daily basis
- Complete reports/administration (i.e. Return to Work interviews) as required by operations/contract management team and the Authority
- Ensure a thorough working knowledge of the vessels & port conditions through vessel and port visits
- Support the Master/crew in completing/submitting necessary company administration (i.e. TNA's, travel requests, AL requests, TOIL, etc..) and ensuring it is recorded and actioned correctly.
- Submit operations specific requisitions via Stores Supervisor/Purchasing Co-ordinator to ensure timely delivery
- Conduct initial incident reporting/investigations as required/instructed
- Support contracted oil spill response requirements
- Support delivery/recording and reporting of company/MCA essential training
What you need to do the job:
- Methodical approach and analytical skills
- Experience of service delivery, including the administration aspect of delivery.
- Experience of communicating and influencing
- IT literate (MS Office applications - Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
What we offer:
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Thrive App, Simply Health Plans, Cycle to Work Scheme Annual Leave Purchase Scheme and more
- Access to a huge range of discounts and exclusive deals such as Merlin Attractions, Mobile Phone discounts, Cinema discounts, Leisure and Hospitality discounts
- A fantastic culture and supportive team where you'll get the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Interesting and enjoyable work
- Committed to professional and personal development with a wide range of training and coaching opportunities to expand your capabilities
To discover more about our careers in Defence, meet our team, and to find out more about what we offer, please follow this Link. We're also a signatory of the UK Governments Women in Defence Charter, to find out more please click here.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens, we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. As a proud Disability Confident Leader and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard, disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.