Plymouth, PL2 2BG
Full Time, Permanent (37.5 hours per week)
Competitive salary plus benefits
Serco Maritime Services deliver maritime support packages tailored to our customers' needs all delivered within a national accreditation framework. As owners and operators of specialist vessels, from harbour workboats to oceangoing support vessels, we provide world class integrated maritime services both in the UK and abroad. Our vessels provide a range of support, which include for example: dive support, military training, submarine rescue exercises, target/test equipment deployment/recovery and passenger transfers.
We are currently recruiting for an Operations Co-Ordinator to join our Operations team. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role supports the Maritime Services Contract in Devonport.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop and regularly review short to medium term plans to ensure proactive matching of resources to likely tasking in advance of generation of a rolling, 48-hour, immediate programme.
- To conduct regular reviews of operations cell outputs in order to monitor and take action to ensure targets are met, including maintenance of accurate data to underpin timely reports and returns.
- Line management of the Ops Controllers (x2) and a proportion of afloat personnel. - Responsible for the recording, tracking, and reporting of operational tasking within a recognised and approved system (the FLEET data base) throughout the tasking cycle, whilst monitoring and, if appropriate challenging, requested services against Schedule of Requirement (SoR) entitlements.
- To liaise with the Vessel Superintendents and the Customer to co-ordinate maintenance downtime for vessels.
- Recording of tasking data in support of Third-Party Income Generation (TPIG) to support invoicing and to liaise with Commercial Customers to ensure provision of the best possible services whilst de-conflicting the programme when required.
- To drive operational efficiency, assurance improvements and best practice across the contract with reference to Operations Cell outputs.
- To foster a culture of customer service excellence, exemplify and promote Serco objectives and values. Ensure excellent customer satisfaction is delivered and that it is measured objectively.
- Responsible for the delivery of operational activity across the Devonport element of the contract, measured against agreed KPIs (the Schedule of Requirement).
- Accountable for adhering to appropriate corporate governance processes to comply with assurance and other legal requirements and deliver contract requirements effectively.
- Develop a deep personal understanding of the Systems of Work agreed with various working groups and engage with local TU Representatives to support business objectives whilst achieving fair and balanced T&Cs.
- Support the Marine Superintendent and Training Masters in the implementation of plans to ensure robust succession and career development plans that support the future growth of the business and seek to provide lasting and worthwhile careers for our people.
- Point of contact as Company Representative, for all out of hours operational responsibilities, on a rotation basis (Duty Controller).
What you'll need to do the role:
- Educated to Diploma level, or with demonstratable evidence of equivalence through operational planning/scheduling experience and achievement.
- Evidenced experience of planning/programming in a complex and dynamic environment with delivery against challenging KPIs.
- Have a drive for delivering a quality service, values positive customer feedback and understands how to improve operational effectiveness.
- Possesses a solid understanding of the MoD and RN operating environments.
- Demonstrates ability to network internally and externally and influence effectively when formulating and refining plans
- Demonstrates evidence of building successful peer stakeholder relationships, ability to resolve personal conflict, and ability to deliver in a 'Unionised' environment.
- Good IT skills with ability to enter, process, and manipulate data across the full spectrum of MS Office functions.
- Awareness of Health, Safety and Environmental regulations and compliance within the Marine Environment and of ISM code.
- Marine Industry or broader maritime background (desirable).
- Experience and/or good understanding of governance in a regulatory environment (desirable).
- Experience of port operations and the provision of towage, fuel, water, and other services in a commercial environment (desirable).
- A working knowledge of merchant shipping requirements for smaller commercial vessels (desirable).
What we offer:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Annual leave purchase scheme.
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme.
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Thrive app, Health Cash Plans, and more.
- A wealth of career development training to suit your future aspirations. These range from role specific training, leadership coaching, formal study and much more to support you to build your career with Serco.
- A safe and supportive culture.
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly Disability Confident Leader employers and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the 'Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.