P2P & Cash Management Manager
West Midlands - Remote Based
Minimum 6 Month FTC
Salary £45,000 - £60,000 + Car Allowance
VIVO is a new business, formed to deliver infrastructure, asset and facilities management services into the UK Defence Sector. VIVO is a 50:50 Joint Venture between Serco and Engie.
The role will work with the Financial Accountant, Senior FBP and Head of Supply Chain to develop and improve the existing P2P process.
This role will also manage the P2P team and play a pivotal role in the managing and forecasting of VIVO's cashflow. It will also review and develop the appropriate resourcing required to manage the P2P function, consolidating existing teams.
- Manage and oversee the workload of the P2P team working closely with Accenture to ensure supplier invoices and payments are processed on a timely basis.
- Manage and lead the P2P team who work remotely.
- Develop a centre of excellence for guided buying for the business.
- Proactively manage supplier invoice processing and queries.
- Develop and implement a supplier communications strategy.
- Support the business with any audit queries.
- Management of supplier payments and production of regular cash outflow forecasts.
- Ensure the correct treatment of suppliers VAT and CIS working closely with the Head of Supply Chain and the Financial Accountant.
- Work with the business to improve understanding and adherence to the processes and controls.
- To drive efficiency and accuracy whilst developing the team and individuals to improve effectiveness and value add.
- Consider the end to end P2P processes, supporting the Senior FBP and the Head of Supply Chain to drive process improvements.
- Work with the rest of the finance team, and the procurement team, to review the effectiveness of the offshore model and resources, looking for opportunities to drive process and cost efficiency.
- Development and effective management of any direct reports, to meet business needs, provide opportunities for personal development and to add value to VIVO Defence.
- Proven experienced leadership skills in a similar role.
- An accounting qualification would be desirable.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Previous experience of reorganisations and system improvements.
- Appreciation of the fundamentals of accounting and the importance of strong financial controls.
- Confident individual with the ability to communicate with influence and question and challenge where needed.
- Organised with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to engage with a wide variety of external stakeholders, projecting professionalism and competence, and representing VIVO finance and VIVO systems in a positive manner.
- Experience of improving effectiveness using strong analytics and time management.
- Experience of SAP systems and interfaces, however ability to quickly assimilate knowledge of new systems will be key.
- Strong understanding of P2P processes.
- Genuine and authentic, able to motivate and manage a remote team.
Location will be flexible, with a mixture of home working and a regular requirement for travel within the UK to support VIVO Leadership, the teams this role manages, and meet business needs. The ability to flex this pattern, sometimes on short notice, is essential.