Passenger Service Agent
RAF Brize Norton
Carterton, OX18 3LX
Full Time, Permanent (39.5 hours per week)
£26,882 per annum plus benefits
Here at Serco, we are recruiting for a Passenger Services Agent to join our team based at RAF Brize Norton in Oxfordshire. Brize Norton is the largest RAF station with approximately 5,800 Service Personnel, 300 civilian staff and 1,200 contractors.
The role of the PSA is to provide all aspects of passenger pre-flight check-in, security, aircraft boarding, aircraft deplaning and post flight arrivals, whilst maintaining high levels of customer service and service excellence.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Maintain a high standard of dress and deportment, remembering you are working in a high-profile environment.
- Ensure that you are fully conversant with the Immigration regulations and documentation requirements for all UK, EU, and non-EU National passengers.
- Responsible for producing legible and accurate manual passenger manifests.
- Assist in the production of all PAX related paperwork.
- Processing of all passengers and their documentations whilst departing, arriving, or transiting through RAF Brize Norton.
- Manning of the front desk telephone 24/7, where possible, on a rotational basis throughout the shift cycle.
- Deal with all passenger inquiries with patience, understanding a positive attitude.
- Ensure the Air Terminal is maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene, including the Air Terminal surrounds and car park.
What you'll need to do the role:
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate and influence the workforce to achieve the highest passenger service and safety standards.
- Ability to identify opportunities suitable for continuous improvements projects and growth opportunities and inform the management chain.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Adaptable and flexible to meet operational requirements.
- Professional and polite manner.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Must be able to achieve SC Security Clearance prior to appointment, Serco will arrange for this on your behalf.
What we offer:
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme.
- Annual leave purchase scheme.
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Thrive app, Health Cash Plans, and more.
- A safe and supportive culture.
- Interesting and enjoyable work.
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
- Committed to professional and personal development with a wide range of training and coaching opportunities to expand your capabilities.
To discover more about our careers in Defence, meet our team, and to find out more about what we offer, please follow this Link. We're also a signatory of the UK Governments Women in Defence Charter, to find out more please click here.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens, we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. As a proud Disability Confident Leader and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard, disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.