PE Manager - HMP Fosse Way
Leicestershire, LE18 4TN
Permanent (Full-Time, 40 Hrs)
Here at Serco, we are looking for a PE Manager to join our new Category C Prison, HMP Fosse Way.
The purpose of the post-holder is to be the Head of Health & Well-being for the provision and development of Sports and Recreation at HMP Fosse way. This covers, direct line management of a team of PEIs and possible support staff, management of day-to-day operations of the gymnasium and associated duties.
The post holder will be given the opportunity undertake professional development courses in their field of expertise.
Some of the other responsibilities of the PE Manager are as follows:
- Liaise with external agencies.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety requirements.
- Carry out weekly safety inspections.
- Carry out weekly health and hygiene inspections.
- Prepare and implement Gymnasium cleaning procedures in accordance with safe systems of work.
- Prepare and implement planned programme of daily equipment maintenance.
- Advise Facilities Manager on annual pre-planned maintenance programme for Gymnasium.
- Advise and inform the Head of Health & Well-being on all matters relating to sports and leisure activities at HMP Fosse way.
- Plan, organise and ensure delivery of an agreed PE programme of activities to meet the needs and interests of the total prisoner population including recreational activities and structured courses.
- Responsible for the development of the gymnasium. This covers the identification of prisoner requirements, planning, delivery, development, staff development, assessment and evaluation of our Sports and Leisure activities.
- Manage a programme of security checks for building fabric and perimeter fencing in accordance with the Local Security Strategy. Manage a programme of security checks for tools and all equipment in accordance with Director's Rule and LSS.
- Manage procedures for collection and movement of all prisoners between Housing Units and Gymnasium.
- Advise the Head of Health & Well-being as to suitable schedules and activities for all prisoners, which must include the programming of Basic and Key Skills in Literacy and Numeracy, as part of PE courses and other programmes.
What you will need to do the role
* Desirable National Governing Body Awards / PE Degree / ILAM Management qualifications.
* Minimum National Governing Body Awards
Ideally, candidate should have experience of leading a PE team in a similar disciplined environment.
Experience of planning PE activities.
Preparing financial budgets.
- Meaningful and vital work - We look after around 5,000 prisoners in our prisons and been in the business for 25 years, employ 2,000 colleagues in our 6 custodial contracts so you can guarantee you'll be delivering an essential service that touch people's lives.
- A world of opportunity - Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
- Great people - We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- A fantastic culture and supportive team; volunteer leave; continuous training & development opportunities
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Thrive App, Simply Health Plans, Cycle to Work Scheme Annual Leave Purchase Scheme and more
- Access to a huge range of discounts and exclusive deals
- The chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion