Pensions Team Leader
Solihull, B91 3LT
Hybrid working arrangement
Full Time, Permanent (37.5 hours per week)
£40,00 per annum plus benefits
Here at Serco, we partner with governments to provide public services across Defence, Justice & Immigration, Transport, Health, and Citizen Services. Our ever growing team is currently looking for a Pensions Team Leader to join our People Services Team. This is a specialist role to enable the effective delivery of pensions, policy and strategy across Serco UK.
As our Pensions Teams Leader, you will act as our Senior SME on all aspects of pensions, policy and strategy in relation to public sector pension matters. Working closely with the UK&E Head of Reward, and business unit HR Directors for UK&E, you will drive improvements in retirement planning for our colleagues and improve compliance and outcomes in relation to pension schemes.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Support pension policy in relation to all pension arrangements that Serco Limited (or other UK entities) participate in, particularly public sector schemes.
- Arrange access to public sector schemes through admission agreements & determinations under New Fair Deal or Best Value Directive, including liaison with commercial and treasury teams in relation to some bond or PCG requirements. Also working on payroll solutions in relation to pension contributions for new schemes.
- To provide support to the Pension Manager in relation to SPLAS
- Assisting in advising bid teams on potential pension provision to meet bid requirements, including potential liabilities and some cost modelling based on current membership across similar demographics.
- Support core activities of the Pensions function such as pensions meetings, agendas, minutes etc, for company-related committees. Attend regular and ad hoc meetings with pension scheme representatives, such as Governance reviews with Legal & General.
- Maintain a close working relationship and coordinating the services provided to Serco by the entire range of advisors/consultants and pension scheme providers, administrators etc, whilst constantly seeking the most cost appropriate level of external support, when required
- Assistance with delivery of all pension-related documentation and communications produced by Serco - as directed by the Head of Pensions Policy & Strategy to ensure they are compliant with policy and legal requirements.
What you'll need to do the role:
- Ideally you will be working in a specialist pension role with a professional qualification relevant to pensions. A continued membership of the professional body would be highly desirable (APMI or EPMI).
- Experience of pensions in the context of bidding, TUPE transfers and M&A activity including disposals
- Experience of dealing with the public sector in the context of pensions aspects of bidding, and transfers from and to public sector schemes desirable, such as CSPS, Railways, NHSPS etc
- Knowledge of Auto Enrolment
- Experience with the full Microsoft Suite, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - establishing relationships both internally and externally at all levels
- Ability to accommodate UK and Europe travel, where appropriate, to meet non-UK requirements
What we offer:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Annual leave purchase scheme.
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme.
- Flexible working options.
- Free onsite parking.
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Health Cash Plans, free flu jabs and more.
- A wealth of career development training to suit your future aspirations. These range from role specific training, leadership coaching, formal study and much more to support you to build your career with Serco.
- A safe and supportive culture.
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
We see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates. We're a proud holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard and we actively encourage applications from females, those with disabilities or from an ethnic minority background.