Here at National Highways, we have an exciting opportunity for a Performance and Assurance Manager to join our team in Birmingham at the National Traffic Operations Centre. As a Performance and Assurance Manager you will support the National Operations Team Leader with the day-to-day management of the National Operations team, which consists of National Incident Liaison Officers and National Network Managers.
This role will consist of 3 days in the office, and 2 days working from home.
What you’ll be leading on
- Develop performance measures to enable performance monitoring and reporting of National Incident Liaison Officers and National Network Managers.
- Manage the maintenance of operational procedures, review, update and change where necessary.
- Identify risks associated with organisational, system, process or procedural changes that impact on National Traffic Operations and propose appropriate mitigating actions.
- Maintain effective communications and working relationships with regional operations and stakeholders, to share information and to contribute to a collaborative approach that drives continuous improvement.
- Collate and produce monthly reports to the wider business.
- Manage the departments operational roster, ensuring minimum staffing levels are achieved.
To be Successful
- Ability to manage own workflow to enable timely achievement of business objectives.
- Strong communication skills at all organisational levels.
- Proficiency in using Office 365 products.
- Experience of identifying and analysing problems to provide intelligence-based recommendations.
- Experience of implementing change.
- Project Management skills are desirable.
A bit about us
Operations is at the heart of keeping the strategic road network moving and ensuring our customers get the best possible experience when using our roads.
We address over 39,000 customer enquiries every month, plan and deliver all maintenance activities on the network, drive efficiencies and improvements across our systems and roads, and respond to incidents across 4,500 miles of motorways and major A-roads that we manage. All to make sure National Highways customers have safer, smoother, and more reliable journeys.
Want to know more?
To request a copy of the role profile, please contact email@example.com quoting reference number #4182
Why you should join us
At National Highways we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So, if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation.
An informal blended working approach has been adopted for many of our roles across National Highways. We offer many different ways to work flexibly and we’re open to discuss part-time working, job shares, and flexible start and finish times.
Please wait until the interview stage before asking us about flexibility, and we will explore what is possible.
Our benefits package
- Our total reward package includes basic salary, the potential for a performance related bonus
- Contributory pension scheme with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Annual Leave starting at 26 days (plus Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day each year up to 31 days (plus Bank Holidays)
- Flexible hours and blended working between base location/home
- Life assurance of 4 times annual salary
- Health and wellbeing support, including an Employee Assistance Programme, available 24/7 365 days and network of mental health first aiders. Plus access to a wellbeing app to enhance your self-care 24/7, Occupational health service and flu vaccines
- A cycle to work scheme for the purchase of a bicycle and equipment for healthy, low carbon travel
- Significant investment in your career development, through learning and development, talent management, coaching, mentoring and on job experience
And we are
- Family friendly with enhanced maternity leave and pay, paternity leave (15 days), shared parental leave, adoption leave. Plus access to financial support for holiday play schemes and paid special leave (up to 5 days pa), eg for caring responsibilities
- Money friendly with access to a discounts platform including over 3000 discounts for supermarkets, eating out, leisure, holidays. Alongside a financial wellbeing programme
- Community friendly – offering paid leave to volunteer, 3 days basic/year plus an extra 3 days to support the national Covid effort
If you are successful, it is key to know all offers of employment are subject to satisfactory completion of our pre-employment checks which include:
- Right to work check
- 3 year employment history references
- DBS criminal record check
- Social media and adverse journalism check
- Driving licence check (if applicable)
- Fit to work questionnaire (for all), followed by a medical check (if applicable)
We reserve the right to close before the advertisement expires