Your new role
We have a new exciting opportunity for a Planner to join our Estates Programme Office team based in Leeds!
We offer a flexible hybrid working approach, meaning the role will be a combination of office/home working.
As part of your role, it will be your responsibility to develop, manage and maintain the master schedule delivery programme for Estates and FM for in-year and future year programmes.
What you’ll be leading on
- Compile and maintain the master view of yearly project schedules and delivery plans for Estates and FM.
- Proactively challenge project plans and identify opportunities to optimise the combining of works as part of project collaboration initiatives or efficiency opportunities.
- Maintain and update the programme progress on a regular basis with consistent use of project controls.
- Lead on provision of key programme information including forecast/actual dates and outputs.
- Take an active role in collaborative planning initiatives, visual planning meetings and meetings that seek to maximise efficiencies across Estates and FM to co-ordinate works and opportunities identified.
To be successful you’ll need
- Experience in developing, maintaining and scheduling complex programmes.
- Good understanding of Estates and FM and building works relevant to planning.
- Experience of liaising with multiple project teams.
- Attention to detail and strong organisation skills, and Intermedia/advanced use of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience of or willingness to commit to training in planning project software e.g. MS Project, Primavera P6 and appropriate Time/Location GIS Visualisation tools.
A bit about us
- The National Highways estate is complex, spanning a huge variety of property types, from depots, outstations and control centres through to farmland and houses. Our division is responsible for all manner of property matters for this estate, ranging from acquiring sites and buildings for our occupation all the way through to the disposal of surplus land.
- As part of Finance Business Services (FBS), we work closely across the business to ensure the estate reflects the current needs of the company and our people.
Want to know more?
Please email email@example.com quoting #4211
Why you should join us
At National Highways we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So, if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation.
An informal blended working approach has been adopted for many of our roles across National Highways. We offer many different ways to work flexibly and we’re open to discuss part-time working, job shares, and flexible start and finish times.
Please wait until the interview stage before asking us about flexibility, and we will explore what is possible.
Our benefits package
- Our total reward package includes basic salary, the potential for a performance related bonus
- Contributory pension scheme with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Annual Leave starting at 26 days (plus Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day each year up to 31 days (plus Bank Holidays)
- Flexible hours and blended working between base location/home
- Life assurance of 4 times annual salary
- Health and wellbeing support, including an Employee Assistance Programme, available 24/7 365 days and network of mental health first aiders. Plus access to a wellbeing app to enhance your self-care 24/7, Occupational health service and flu vaccines
- A cycle to work scheme for the purchase of a bicycle and equipment for healthy, low carbon travel
- Significant investment in your career development, through learning and development, talent management, coaching, mentoring and on job experience
And we are
- Family friendly with enhanced maternity leave and pay, paternity leave (15 days), shared parental leave, adoption leave. Plus access to financial support for holiday play schemes and paid special leave (up to 5 days pa), eg for caring responsibilities
- Money friendly with access to a discounts platform including over 3000 discounts for supermarkets, eating out, leisure, holidays. Alongside a financial wellbeing programme
- Community friendly – offering paid leave to volunteer, 3 days basic/year plus an extra 3 days to support the national Covid effort
If you are successful, it is key to know all offers of employment are subject to satisfactory completion of our pre-employment checks which include:
- Right to work check
- 3 year employment history references
- DBS criminal record check
- Social media and adverse journalism check
- Driving licence check (if applicable)
- Fit to work questionnaire (for all), followed by a medical check (if applicable)
We reserve the right to close before the advertisement expires