VIVO, a 50:50 joint venture between Serco and EQUANS, has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
VIVO embodies both experience and innovation. It combines Serco's comprehensive track record delivering engineering, technical and FM services to the UK MOD for over 55 years with EQUANS' market leading FM, energy, asset optimisation and regeneration capabilities.
Location: High Wycombe
Permanent/ Full time
Salary: Competitive + Use of Company Vehicle
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious Plumber. To successfully deliver the day-to-day repairs service, to the MOD you will provide front line delivery to the MOD family's. Working to deliver highest quality Right First-Time service and to carry out technical services task. Working efficiently and safety in line with our perfect delivery ethos to achieve excellent customer services.
- To install pipes and fixtures, such as sinks and toilets, for water, gas, steam, air, or other liquids
- Installs supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation
- To undertake a continual programme of risk assessment in relation to your role
- Modifies length of pipes, fixtures and other plumbing materials as needed for a building
- Uses saws and pipe cutters as necessary
- Install heating and air-conditioning systems, including water heaters
- Test plumbing systems for leaks and other problems
- Perform inspection of plumbing systems to identify and replace worn parts
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking or soldering, brazing and welding
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks
- Preform complex planning of large jobs
- Cut openings in structure to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools
- Repair and maintain plumbing, replacing defective washers, replacing or mending boking pipes and opening clogged drains
- Hang steel supports from ceiling joist to hold pipes in place
- Attend training as and when required to continue your development in the role and comply with changes within the industry.
- Attend team briefs, Toolbox talks and technical bulletins on a monthly bases or as when required.
- Utilise both electronic and paper-based systems to accurately record documentation including the use of materials against each job.
- To demonstrate VIVO core values to internal and external customers and colleagues
- To mentor apprentices as and when required
- Liaise with Family's, clients and members of VIVO supply chain
- Maintain van stocks and provide information enabling the improvements of Right first-time fixes.
- Ensure all H&S documentation (RAMS) are present prior to engaging the task
- Be flexible and willing to work shift patterns to cover the appointments
- Cover out of hours on a rota
- Full UK Driving Licence
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 qualification in Plumbing
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Previous experience as a qualified plumber preferred
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
Please note, in order to be considered for this position, you must be able to pass BPSS security clearance.
VIVO Defence Services
The role you have applied for is with VIVO Defence Services, a joint venture between Serco and EQUANS. By applying for this role, please be aware that information contained within your CV may be shared between VIVO Defence Services, Serco and EQUANS during the recruitment process.
At VIVO, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. Therefore, we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool.
We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working and operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident Employer. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. If candidates wish to request extra time to apply then they should contact 0345 010 4000 and ask to speak to a VIVO Recruiter.