Job Role: PMO Analyst
Location: Homebased role with travel to Solihull office every 2 weeks for meetings.
Contract: Fixed term until December 2023
Salary: Up to £40,000 Dependent on experience
The PMO Analyst supports Right First Time programmes. They ensure the achievement of outcomes in line with the business case, champion the use of best practice methods and tools, and be a single point of knowledge for status, performance and financial data.
- Champion the use of best practice project/programme management standards and processes
- Support the Project/Programme Manager in the development of Business Case with input from specialists as necessary
- Develop and agree budgets for projects and/or programmes and forecast actual costs against them, manage cross charging and time recording, purchase orders, and so on
- Support the Project/Programme Manager in the identification, recruitment, development, deployment and reassignment of resources throughout the lifecycle
- Establish the project/programme processes for managing risks and issues. Provide assurance to the project manager on the effectiveness of Risk and Issue management arrangements. Maintain RAID logs at appropriate frequency
- Ensure appropriate governance is in place and arrange external reviews e.g. Gateway Reviews at appropriate points in the project lifecycle. Monitor the effectiveness of controls and ensure that recommendations from external reviews are acted upon
- Establish and implement protocols to change the scope of projects and/or programmes and update configuration documents as required
- Establish and operate project controls on behalf of the Project/Programme manager, reporting on project/programme progress and status to appropriate bodies.
- Be a single point for project/programme information and data
- Challenge the programme delivery team and hold project/programme managers to account
Perform assurance as required to validate reported information and probe into areas of thematic risk
- Experience of PMO operations within a programme delivery environment
- Experience managing the multiple constraints (time, quality, cost) in projects, and experience of evaluating and prioritising programme outcomes to maximise benefits
- Knowledge of / prior application of industry project delivery methods and standards (e.g. PRINCE2 or equivalent)
- Experience of collaboration, influencing, communication and engagement of a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience of working in a high-pressure environment and managing multiple demands at once
- Ability to drive clarity from ambiguity
- Ideally, experience working for an outsourced service provider
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience)
- Project Management qualification / certification (e.g. APM, PRINCE2, PMI etc)
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
We see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates. We're a proud holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard and we actively encourage applications from females, those with disabilities or from an ethnic minority background.