Why is a role in our Portfolio Management team the next step for you?
The Portfolio Management team is responsible for the Manchester "Front Door" which gathers the demand, leads the assessment and ensures the right initiatives are approved at the right time.
The Portfolio Analyst role is an integral part of the end to end process of Portfolio Management.
This role is responsible for capturing, documenting, tracking and assessing the demand for BSC and Risk. The Portfolio Analyst is accountable for the Assessment Centre and control of all incoming and outgoing Project Requests.
How will you add value on a day to day basis?
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the Head of Portfolio Management in championing and embedding Portfolio Management principles across the organisation.
Some of your key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- To maintain and run the Portfolio Management governance and reporting processes
- Scheduling Governance meetings
- Communicating timescales to all supporting areas to ensure prompt production of MI
- Production and issue of inputs and outputs for governance meetings
- Co-ordinating planning and scheduling activity to meet the Governance schedule/cycle
- Attending governance meetings to support and deputise for the Head of Portfolio Management
- Ensuring the consolidated Project priority list is updated promptly following Governance meetings and new priorities documented and communicated
- To ensure the smooth transition of approved projects into the PMO function
- To ensure all stakeholders are knowledgeable in relevant Portfolio Management processes
- To provide coaching and support to all new Portfolio team members
- To support the Head of Portfolio management in championing and embedding Portfolio Management principles across the organisation
- Maintaining portfolio libraries, ensuring all documentation is complete and current
- Ensuring an acceptable level of data quality both within the world pay PPM tool and relevant spreadsheets
- Update SharePoint as and where required
- To assist in the resource management activity, ensuring there is an accurate overall resource picture, and any issues are addressed promptly
- Manage the Portfolio Mailbox to gather and analyse demand and manage through the e2e process
What will make you the ideal candidate?
Ideally, we are looking for someone who has had experience of working within a Portfolio Management function. You'll have some experience of working on large and complex projects with the ability to take large amounts of data and convert it into key information.
This role requires an enthusiastic, self-motivated person with the ability to work on your own initiative with minimal supervision. You will be a team player who has a flexible attitude to operate in a changing environment.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are required along with good organisational skills. You will be a resourceful individual who is able to find solutions to any problem.