Principal Bid Manager - Health
Remote (with customer travel)
Full Time, Permanent
Very Competitve, with market leading benefits
Serco is a global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. We are seeking a Principal Bid Manager with proven experience in driving growth in Healthcare Services in the UK Market.
The successful candidate will be; proactive, positive, innovative, customer focused, responsive, able to develop, sell tailored solutions and consistently deliver results.
There is an expectation for the candidate to have significant Healthcare experience, allowing them to enhance proposition development and develop relationships with key customers.
As part of this you will:
- Deliver in-year revenue and TCV targets and exit pipeline requirements as directed by the Growth Director for Health
- Own strategic and tactical level opportunities within the health pipeline
- Lead engagement with customers within the Health Business Unit
- Provide wider FM knowledge and expertise to inform on strategic moves for Serco into new markets
- Drive proposition development, alongside the Growth Director
- Foster team and joint Business Unit collaboration and knowledge transfers to ensure Growth targets are achieved
- Provide coaching and mentoring to new and junior members of the team
- Work to enhance relationships with key stakeholders within the Business Unit and wider Serco community
What you will need to do the role:
- At least 5 years Business Development experience in this (or similar) market
- Provide leadership for multi-disciplinary matrix teams
- Commercial and financial understanding to enable optimum balance of risk / reward / price within qualified opportunities
- Exhibit characteristics of high performance, being goal oriented and a creative problem solver
- Ability to operate successfully in a volatile and dynamic market environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Resilient and able to work in a pressurised environment.
- Degree or equivalent gained through experience
- Healthcare experience
What we offer:
- Company car
- Bonus scheme - Up to 20% for exceeding targets
- Private healthcare
- Flexible working considered
- Pension - 6%
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Growth and development opportunities - Serco will support with a range of qualifications
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Bupa Anytime HealthLine, Thrive App, Simply Health Plans and more
- Access to a huge range of discounts and exclusive deals such as Merlin Attractions, Mobile Phone discounts, Cinema discounts, Leisure and Hospitality discounts
- Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase more
- Life assurance
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.