Principal Business Development Lead - Employment and Skills
Home-based with UK Travel
Full Time, permanent
Here at Serco, we are seeking a Principal Business Development Lead with proven experience in prospecting, developing, and winning new business to join its centralised Business Development Growth team.
The role will focus on the Employment and Skills & Training sectors within the Citizen Services business unit. We are looking for someone who will be proactive, positive, innovative, customer focused, responsive, able to develop and sell tailored solutions and consistently deliver results.
As part of this you'll have:
At least 5 years Business Development and Sales experience in this (or similar) markets
- The agility to anticipate and pursue new business opportunities
- Provide team leadership and management oversight for multi-disciplinary teams
- Commercial and financial understanding to enable optimum balance of risk / reward / price to be embedded within qualified opportunities
- Exhibit characteristics of high performance, goal oriented, and creative problem solving and business development
- Ability to operate successfully in a volatile and dynamic market environment
- Proficiency in capture and sales methodologies with full lifecycle business development background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - active listening, ability to articulate customer's environment and needs to all management levels
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and self-manage while working in an unstructured environment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Word at an intermediate/advanced level
- Resilient and able to work in a pressurised environment.
What you'll need to do the role:
- Degree or equivalent gained through experience
- Experience in structured sales methodologies such as Shipley, Miller Heiman are not essential but advantageous
- Must be flexible and willing to travel across the UK.
What we offer:
- Company car or cash alternative
- Bonus scheme - 10% on target, 20% exceeding targets
- Private healthcare
- Flexible working considered
- Pension - 6%
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Growth and development opportunities - Serco will support with a range of qualifications
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Bupa Anytime HealthLine, Thrive App, Simply Health Plans and more
- Access to a huge range of discounts and exclusive deals such as Merlin Attractions, Mobile Phone discounts, Cinema discounts, Leisure and Hospitality discounts
- Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase more
- Life assurance
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
We see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates. We're a proud holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard and we actively encourage applications from females, those with disabilities or from an ethnic minority background.