|Job Title: Principal Engineer - Body Structures||Status: Permanent|
|Department: R&D||Location: R&D Centre - Warwick/Sherburn|
|Date Prepared: July 2022||Reporting To: Body Engineering Departmental Manager|
|JOB PURPOSE|| |
A Principal Engineer is required with experience of new product development within the Automotive Industry specializing in EV applications for worldwide market requirement. The focus for this role will be around leading a team to deliver the Body Structure components.
|ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES |
- Managing an Engineering team, internal or external resource) to create and deliver world class products to market, ensuring that cost, quality and delivery targets are met.
- It is the role of the Principal Engineer to ensure the vehicle concept developed meets the product requirements at part and vehicle level.
- Liaising with suppliers of key vehicle systems to ensure seamless integration of their products into the vehicle concept.
- Day to day management of an Engineering Team to deliver to programme agreed timing.
- Creation and release of native CAD geometry in CATIA V6 utilising the 3D Experience toolset, that is clash free and works in the context of its surroundings.
- Ensuring that the components and systems released meet all Legal requirements.
- Working with CAE engineers on structural load path and crash optimization.
- Create concept Selections and confirm adherence to Design Standards.
- Use Quality History Reviews and Design Failure Modes & Effects Analyses in new design system design.
- Create and present concise technical presentations for informed decision making.
- Co-ordinate, lead and participate in design reviews.
- Liaise with support functions to deliver a common goal.
- Reporting of Programme status against Programme deliverables.
|ESSENTIAL/DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDING REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS|
- Degree level education or equivalent experience in an engineering field.
- Automotive process knowledge.
- Mechanical Engineering experience.
- Knowledge of CAD, CATIA V6 & 3D Experience toolset.
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience in component or system level delivery, at OE or first tier, in the Automotive Industry.
- Knowledge of Vehicle Electrification.
- Self-starter with high levels of resilience to lead root cause analysis.
- Provide balanced solutions for clear decision making.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with all supporting functions and supplier base.
- Proficiency in generating and presenting technical material in a concise manner to suit the audience.
- Ability to review and interrogate CAE reports to enable objective decision making.
- Ability to work in a Start-up environment.