The Product Safety Engineer shall provide support to the Engineering Delivery Manager in the development, delivery and maintenance of the Project Product Safety Management System and Product Safety Case to ensure Products are safe to own and legal to operate.
- The Engineer (Product Safety) shall: Derive and manage Product Safety requirements
- Develop, implement and maintain the Safety Management System
- Produce and manage Project Safety Management Plans
- Lead Product Safety hazard and risk identification, management and assessment activities
- Provide Product Safety engineering advice to the wider company community
- Oversee the administration and management of the Project Hazard Log
- Influence the construction and delivery of the Project Safety Case including Safety Case reports
- Support the production of training material to support training delivery
- Deliver training to the Product Safety and Environmental domains and the wider community
- Lead engagement with internal and external customers, ensuring that their requirements are fully considered and adequately supported where appropriate and agreed
- Produce, present and articulate clear and logical technical safety arguments
- Complete peer reviews, checking, verification and assurance tasks to demonstrate the adequacy and robustness of the Safety Case and supporting documentation
- Oversee and peer review junior rules in the Product Safety team.
- Understand the application of wider Safety Case, Quality and HSandE Management System documentation
- Support the appropriate meetings and Working Groups
- Chair hazard identification meetings
- Support the development of realistic programme status updates, identify problem areas and implement agreed recovery plans
- Lead appropriate meetings and Working Groups
SC + UK Eyes Only
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You will need to obtain a BPSS check as part of this process. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC. In addition, this role involves direct and/or indirect access to Caveat Material which means there are restrictions on nationalities. Therefore, you must hold sole British Nationality or have relinquished other nationalities to apply for this role. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.