Based in the Edinburgh BioQuarter, the company offers specialist preclinical and clinical contract research services to Pharmaceutical companies focussed on Immuno-oncology, Immunology, Neuroscience and specialised Multiplex Histology.
Looking for an experienced and ambitious immunologist, ideally with a background of research in T cell and/or macrophage biology, who will significantly contribute to the scientific direction of the company as they continue to expand immunology operations in the settings of cancer and inflammatory disease. The role requires a strong communicator, who is an innovative and strategic thinker and who will relish combining aspects of leadership, project management, R&D and business development.
- Scientific point of contact for allocated ongoing client relationships.
- Scientific overview of Senior Scientists, providing guidance where appropriate (e.g. experimental design, project planning & coordination, resource management).
- Line management of a number of Senior Scientists, delegation of project tasks across the team to ensure accurate and timely delivery of client data and reports.
- Actively interrogating scientific literature to understand relevant therapeutic targets in the area as necessary for individual projects.
- Ensuring accurate record keeping of all experimental work, from initial protocol development, accurate lab notes, through to write up of results, report production and archiving.
- Implementing quality control steps to ensure projects are conducted and delivered according to the standards expected, developing new or updating SOPs as required.
- Taking a lead role in the design and validation of new assays, chosen based on analysis of client demand/competitive landscape.
- Where appropriate, providing training in the production and maintenance of primary cell cultures (eg. Monocyte, Macrophages, DCs and T cells) as well as various tumour cell lines as required.
- Data analysis and quantification using appropriate statistical methods.
- Taking an active role in nurturing new and expanding existing client relationships
- Presenting the company's portfolio of service offerings
- Attending scientific and trade conferences to deliver oral presentations and posters and to assist in fielding enquiries to capture new commercial opportunities
- PhD essential, with > 5 years post-doctoral experience (Immunology/Molecular Biology/Oncology desirable) or equivalent tenure in a CRO/Biotech/Pharma setting.
- Evidence of a strong conceptual understanding of the field.
- Supervisory management experience essential.
- Strong verbal communication skills, participating in client and lab discussions and conference presentations.
They are looking to offer the position to a dynamic individual, who would be excited about the prospect of making a valuable contribution to the future growth of the Edinburgh operations.