About The Role
Following recent contract successes and a solid pipeline of growth, our client is recruiting for a Principal Solutions Architect with Cyber & Electromagnetic Activities (CEMA) experience to join the Maritime Communications Electronic Support Measures (CESM) Technology delivery team.
Reporting to the Maritime CESM Principal Systems Engineer, who has overall responsibility for delivering to the customer requirement, the responsibilities of the Solution Architect focus on overall technical solution ownership and include:
- Ownership of the solution architecture for all CEMA systems currently under design/delivery/support by our client in the Maritime domain.
- Leading the technical development of new capabilities in response to customer tasking and bidding opportunities.
- Ownership of our Maritime CESM technology roadmap that defines our technology strategy in Maritime CESM.
- Working closely with our Systems Engineers to ensure traceability from the system design to the customer requirement
- Collaborating with our Land CEMA Engineering team to promote coherency and benefit from synergies between the two focus areas. This includes knowledge sharing with the customer on activities in the Land domain.
We work collaboratively as one team with both our partners and customers. In your role you will be expected to collaborate in this fashion with the entire delivery team, which comprises of Systems Engineers, Software Developers and Field Engineers, as well as strategic partners, OEMs and subcontractors, plus MoD customers and their representatives (e.g. DSTL) and Royal Navy end users.
The CEMA systems our client delivers are highly complex and allow their customers to carry out advanced collection activities in support of national security and to help create a safe and secure world. You will use your background in CEMA to take a leading role in shaping the capability and architecture of these systems. As such we are looking for individuals with the following experience:
- A solid understanding of the principles of CEMA / CESM / SIGINT / COMINT.
- Experience of the user environment including an understanding of CONOPS/CONUSE in the operational CESM/CEMA environment.
- A comprehensive Computer Science background that includes experience in several of the following:
- Software Development and/or Software Architecture Design
- Network Architectures and Engineering
- Radio Frequency Engineering and Design (antennas and signals)
- Computer System/Server Administration
- Database Technologies
- Experience in defining and discussing system architectures in a high level of detail.
- Working closely with large stakeholder communities, spanning development and project teams, internal and external.
- Domain knowledge in at least one or more of the following areas:
- ICT Networks
- Software and hardware architecture design
- Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR);
- Communications Electronic Support Measures (CESM);
- RADAR Electronic Support Measures (RESM);
- Military external communications;
- Military communications networks (WAN and LAN);
- Electronic Warfare (EW) systems;
- Command and control systems;
- Combat systems
- Chartered engineer or working towards chartered status within a recognised and relevant professional body.
- Conversant with the MoD Knowledge in Defence (KiD) framework and associated design, build, test and acceptance processes.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of SC to start and then will be put forwards for a DV. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 10 years for DV.