Principle Product Assurance Engineer
Job Type: 6 month contract
An opportunity has arisen for a Principle Product Assurance Equipment Engineer who would be keen to work onsite in Stevenage for an internationally renowned defence organisation who provide engineering support and capability to the armed forces. You will work with the Department Head and Design Authorities to identify the equipment team objectives and applying assurance throughout its successful delivery.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Create , develop and agree core quality activities & measures in response to each project scenario
- Ensure project specific Quality requirements are adopted and incorporated in the development logic e.g development plan Product deliveries
- Identify, communicate and mitigate risks and issues associated to product quality.
- Ensure equipment Product Life Cycle Gates are planned, gate reviews conducted & actions managed Coach the Design Authority to manage the gates/milestones process:
- Preparation: checks the gates inputs with the Design Authority
- Decision meeting: challenges the assessment outcomes
- Action plan follow-up: checks progress of actions
- Triggers lessons learnt/alerts and their further leverage Non-conformance management
- Deploy the Non Conformance management process and tools
Manage equipment level Non-Conformance review panel:
- Ensure that NC are investigated, escalated and ensure NC's greater than 1 year are prioritized. Including correct RCA is conducted and robust corrective actions in place prior to closure.
- Record in SAP QM activities and conclusion of the NC panel including providing appropriate minutes.
- Agree, plan and conduct Flash Surveys o Prepare and support teams for LRQA or MOD/Customers and internal audits Training on Quality tools/processes
- Plan with Engineering management individual training needs and develop training schedule
- Organize and when necessary deliver training sessions, awareness, face to face (new starter) on BMS, Quality Standards & Quality Tools (5y, 8d, VMS, 7 wastes) Assessment of the quality level including continuous improvement
To be considered for this position you should possess the following skills/ experience:
- HND level qualification with experience within Engineering or Quality Assurance
- Engineer with experience of quality management systems, techniques and processes.
- Experienced in Quality Tools & Techniques (8D, 5Y, PFMEA)
- Practical knowledge of non-conformance management process and SAP business tool
- Experience of working within project environment and able to operate effectively as part of project team
- Enthusiastic and proactive quality professional that can work well in a team and independently
Please Note: Due to the nature of this position you will be required to undergo Security Clearance
If you feel you have the right skills and experience please apply within.