Prison Retail Co-Ordinator
HMP Fosse Way Leicestershire
Permanent, Full time, 40 hours
£22,000.00 a year
The following duties are provided as a general guide in relation to the requirements and objectives of this position. This person may also be required to undertake any other activities as required of this position. Specific performance requirements and expectations will be agreed in an annual performance review.
- Using Serco systems, including Custodial Management System (CMS) to control the approved the ad-hoc requirements of the prisoners from nominated suppliers. Ensure constant and clear communication is maintained with the stakeholders (internal and external) establishing a relationship built on confidence and trust.
- Monitor the purchase orders and returns in accordance with departmental procedures, dealing with any queries which may arise.
- Ensure you understand regulations for effective systems of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (CoSHH) including maintain a live register.
- Comply with the requirements of the Local Security Strategy. Report incidents to ensure good order and safety of the establishment.
- Comply with the mandatory training requirements, including Health and Safety.
- This is a customer focused environment, providing a service to prisoners and providing relevant information to staff.
- Ensure that all areas within the stores are clean, and tidy.
- Discharge your equal opportunities and diversity responsibilities in line with local/national policies.
- Ensure that you conduct escorts, searching, daily fabric checks, etc. in line with the above.
- Complete all relevant documentation to the required standard in a timely fashion, including incident reports, intelligence reports, and accident reports.
- Report all acts of wrongdoing.
- Take responsibility for attending relevant meetings, presentations, training etc, as required.
- Respond to prisoner electronic application requests and formal complaints in accordance with local policies and procedures.
Essential technical and professional skills and knowledge:
- Excellent personal organisation and business administration skills
- Ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent communicator and proactively seeks information
- Experience working in a fast-paced industrial distribution environment or other relevant experience will be considered.
- Excellent presentational, analytical, organisational and problem solving skills
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable IT skills in MS Office applications - outlook, excel & word in particular and a working knowledge of SAP. Must be able to interpret and produce complex excel spreadsheets.
- Working in a people centred environment.
Additional dimensions, KPIs or special features of the role:
Staff at Serco are required to:
- Engage with an annual performance and development review, ensuring that the objectives within the review are achieved.
- Work to foster an entrepreneurial culture that supports ideas and new initiatives to enhance our level of service delivery.
- Meet required attendance and punctuality levels.
- Adhere to reporting sickness in accord with the sickness policy.
- Conduct yourself in a way that contributes to a healthy workplace.
- Work to the Serco's Values by acting as a role model in every interaction you have with colleagues, managers, internal and external stakeholders.
Performance and Key Metrics
- Contribute to the delivery and achievement of all performance measures, contract outcomes and locally agreed targets including.
- Adhere to the Serco Code of Conduct.
- Comply with all policies, procedures, and legislation applicable.
- When dealing with workplace concerns ensure that all grievances are reported to your line Manager.
- Commit to personal training and development to ensure that your skills and knowledge are maintained at the appropriate level.
- Take an active interest in their own development, understanding, and implementation of relevant, necessary, or desired practices established by Serco or any legal party relevant to Serco.
Equal Employment Opportunities
- All employees are required to be aware of and demonstrate a commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity and cultural sensitivity in the workplace.
- At all times maintain professional boundaries and adhere to the Serco Code of Conduct and local policies and procedures.
Demonstrate alignment to Serco Governing Principles acting as a role model to colleagues, managers, visitors and stakeholders.
Meaningful and vital work - The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters - delivering essential services that touch people's lives
A world of opportunity - Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
Great people - You'll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer:
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A safe and supportive culture
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Serco Benefits package