Role : Prisoner Purchasing Supervisor
Location : HMP Lowdham Grange
Salary : £19,760.00 - £20,163
To assist with the prisoners retail provision within Lowdham Grange around the special-order process and the bag and tag unit in accordance with all relevant and current regulations and guidelines.
To enable the efficient supervision of all prisoners special order and Bag and tag (shop) requirements within the HMP Lowdham Grange
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
The job holder will be required to Manage staff carrying out the following responsibilities, activities and duties. Ensuring Local and national policies of SERCO and HMPPS are adhered to
- Organising purchases and delivery of goods required through the Prisoner Purchasing department (PPD)
- Ensuring Health and Safety Regulations are strictly observed and controlled. And carrying out H&S tours
- Maintenance checks of equipment and infrastructure are completed and that all equipment is fit for purpose and use
- Monitoring the quality of the product and service provided, setting standards of excellence
- Interacting and liaising with all stakeholders, customers and suppliers. This Includes prisoners by attending PIAC meetings and answering PPD complaints
- Contribute to business development
- Keep abreast of trends and developments in the retail industry such as consumer tastes and management issues.
- The responsibility for the implementation of policies internal and external to the establishment such as Health & Safety, Local Security Strategy (LSS), Directors Rules and Prison Service Orders.
- Be aware of security Audit base lines of the PPD I.e tool accountability , roll counts etc
- Assist with prisoner movements and searches to and from the PPD and wings
- To ensure process are in place to ensure the security of all purchases can be maintained during delivery, storage and distribution within the prison.
- Assist with the completion of regime reports and prisoner payments on a daily basis.
- Assist with the NOC and IEP process within the PPD.
- Assist with Prisoner searching in line with the LSS when leaving the Unit.
- Assist with the process ensuring all order forms are collected, collated and processed on time within the PPD.
- Ensure that all queries, complaints and emails are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Assist with the process ensuring all goods received are receipted on to the system in a timely manner.
- Assist with the process ensuring all goods destined for reception are taken there at the earliest opportunity.
- Assist with the process of the collection and deliveries of goods in a timely manner within the PPD.
- Ensure there is a clean working environment within the PPD.
- Prisoners accounts are charge according to the purchase cost price
- Assist with the process of all prisoner property cards being completed correctly and are in line with the current IEP
- Ensure all onecard banking is kept up to date
- Conduct yourself in a way that contributes to a healthy workplace.
- Work to Serco's governing principles and values by acting as a role model in every interaction you have with colleagues, managers, internal and external stakeholders.
Performance and Key Metrics
- Assist with the delivery and achievement of all performance measures, contract outcomes and locally agreed targets including KPIs / CDIs.
- Adhere to the Serco Code of Conduct.
- Regularly read and impliment PSOs / PSIs appropriate to the PPD.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and legislation applicable.
- When dealing with workplace concerns ensure that all grievances are managed in line with SERCO's C-sop.
Commit to personal training and development to ensure that your skills and knowledge are maintained at the appropriate level. And ensure mandatory and development training is completed for the PPD team
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- Previous experience in working in a Retail environment (preferred).
- Computer literate
- Challenge behaviours of prisoners, ensuring compliance with Prison and Directors rules.
- Good people and interpersonal skills
- Building relationships and team working
- Good communication skills
- Working in a people centered environment
- Good working knowledge of a large retail operation, ideally with a minimum of 1 years' experience in a similar post preferably within a custodial environment
Additional dimensions, KPIs or special features of the role
Staff at Serco are required to
- Identify health, safety and environmental hazards within their working environment and understand how such concerns must be reported and dealt with.
- All incidents must be immediately reported to the appropriate delegate or manager as incidents, hazards, impacts, risks or activities are witnessed or perceived.
- Understand and meet where appropriate any legally binding health and safety regulations relevant to the working environment.
- Take an active interest in their own development, understanding and implementation of relevant, necessary or desired practices established by Serco or any legal party relevant to Serco.
- Identify areas where we need to make improvements and prevent further problems.
Equal Employment Opportunities
- All employees are required to be aware of and demonstrate a commitment to Equal Employment Opportunities and cultural sensitivities in the workplace.
- At all times maintain professional boundaries and adhere to the Serco Code of Conduct and local policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate alignment to Serco Governing Principles acting as a role model to colleagues, managers, visitors and stakeholders.