Problem and Incident Analyst
UK Defence Academy, Shrivenham, Swindon SN6 8LA
Full Time (37 hours per week)
3-Month FTC (with the potential to go permanent)
Competitive salary plus benefits
Serco have an exciting opportunity for an to join our team based at the Defence Academy in Shrivenham, Swindon. As our Problem and Incident Analyst, you will analyse trends, identify failures in process, and liaise with Department Heads and SMEs to identify the root cause and implement lessons learnt and a plan of action. You will be responsible for identifying Incident Management improvements by identifying and resolving problems to prevent future incidents.
Serco at the Defence Academy provides Facilities Management across all aspects of the site including Estates, Logistics, various Supporting Services, together with Cleaning, Catering and Waste Management through ESS.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsibility for the analysis of incidents and problems.
- Undertake root cause investigations and manage the implementation of corrective and preventative measures.
- Responsible for the effective delivery of ITIL aligned Incident and Problem Management processes in conjunction with department heads and the Head of Service Desk.
- Support and measure delivery of service department service improvement plans based on incident analysis undertaken.
- Support all key activities required to ensure the performance of the Incident and Problem Management processes are measures and reported accurately.
- Responsible for proactive monitoring of incident and problem management performance, managing exceptions and errors through to successful completion or resolution.
- Manage, deliver, and report on detailed plans, in conjunction with department leads, to deliver service improvements based on incident analysis.
What you'll need to do the role:
- Previous experience in a problem/incident management role, supporting complex technologies.
- Flexible in approach with an ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong personal initiative with the ability to innovate.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Methodical in approach with effective problem-solving skills.
- Determined, service-orientated, and resilient to customer demands.
- IT proficient in Microsoft Windows 10 or above, particularly in Excel.
- ITIL qualification.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Sound understanding of data analysis and ability to soft into intelligible information and drive trends.
- Must be able to achieve SC clearance prior to appointment, Serco will arrange for this on your behalf.
The Defence Academy sits within a beautiful and secure site which hosts 2 lakes and is surrounded by acres of scenic woodland. The Academy trains the future commanders and staff officers of all three UK Armed Services and those from many countries around the world. Other benefits of working on this site include:
- Free, secure onsite parking.
- Opportunity to join many sports and activity clubs (heavily subsidised subscription costs).
- Gym membership, the site boasting 2 fully equipped gymnasiums.
- 18-hole golf course (annual membership circa £375).
- Fully equipped riding stables, with the opportunity for lessons.
- Other sporting facilities include tennis courts, Astro-turf football pitches and much more.
What we offer:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and the chance to purchase additional days.
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme.
- Serco discounts which include cinema, entertainment and online shopping discounts, and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- We are constantly challenging ourselves and each other to deliver brilliantly, and you will too, working in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Thrive app, Health Cash Plans, and more.
- A wealth of career development training to suit your future aspirations. These range from role specific training, leadership coaching, formal study and much more to support you to build your career with Serco.
To discover more about our careers in Defence, meet our team, and to find out more about what we offer, please follow this Link. We're also a signatory of the UK Governments Women in Defence Charter, to find out more please click here.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens, we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. As a proud Disability Confident Leader and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard, disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.