Job Title: Process Engineer
Job Type: 6 month contract
An opportunity has arisen for a Process Engineer who would be keen to work in Bolton for my client who are an internationally renowned defence organisation that provide engineering support and capability to the armed forces.
As a Senior Process Engineer within the CCA (circuit card assembly) manufacturing facility your focus will be to ensure my clients products are built efficiently, with the most modern tools available.
You will demonstrate ownership of processes and equipment in the PCB manufacturing facility and utilise your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain manufacturing methods.
- Support equipment upgrades from purchase through installation.
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis for changes to processes and/or equipment.
- Drive Process Improvement / Cycle Reduction initiatives and drive productivity improvements via process change or improvements.
- Ensure processes contribute to a safe work environment. Identify and reduce product quality issues caused by process variation.
- Support the quality function through identification and elimination of product non-conformances.
- Contribute to process and quality improvement projects yielding significant reduction in defects and increased productivity in manufacturing.
- Attend cross-functional quality sessions and track/drive root cause analysis and corrective actions for manufacturing issues.
- Utilise lean-manufacturing principles and participate in action workouts to improve process capability, reduce overall costs and increase capacity.
To be considered for this opportunity, knowledge of the following is required:
- Formal Technical Engineering / Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21.
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Experience in Circuit Card Assembly equipment.
- Experience within SMT PCB manufacturing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Electronic assembly, utilising the following equipment / processes: DEK printer, MYDATA, Solder reflow, Selective Solder etc.
- Experience of PCB ruggedization processes such as Underfill and Conformal Coating is considered highly advantageous
- Ideally IPC J Std-001 and IPC-610 certified.
The initial length of contract is 6 months.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please apply within.