Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance, and therefore as a minimum be Living in the UK 5 years.
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
Are you looking for a dynamic company who deliver world-class solutions?
The company are an Innovation and Technology leader, solving complex challenges across every domain! The organisation provides advanced systems and services to their customers Globally and have a fantastic reputation in its market.
- Recognized as a Top 100 Global Innovator™ for 2023!
- Named top Aerospace and Defence company! Just Capital and CNBC's JUST 100 Ranking
This role encompasses the Technical leadership of the Hardware, Firmware and Software Development activities. From the initial concept stage, developing these concepts through to final production and certification. You will have Engineering representation to production IPT ( Integrated Product Team) regards to investigating production wearies, obsolescence management and phasing of change management.
The successful candidate will be working with Customers and the System Design Authority to develop and shape the technical requirements design and then manage these requirements through the design lifecycle in order to meet the requirements set during product development, and interface with suppliers and industry experts.
As a Product Development Lead you will be leading the technical input for Bids and Proposals, Production of Engineering Estimates and Supporting Business Development and Capture regarding customer support and technical / product strategy. You will review technical, programmes and delivery to assure the performance and cost targets for the delivered systems are met.
As part of your role, you will be supporting the Systems Technical Lead in generating a development strategy and road maps for the division
This particular division invests heavily in Research & Development for existing and new products.
- Degree qualified in an engineering / technology discipline.
- Experience in a multi-disciplined environment; ideally a diverse technical background in a range of disciplines, such as Electronics, Software, Systems.
- Demonstrable problem solving and analytical skills, willing to take ownership as well as positively contributing within cross-disciplined teams.
- Able to prioritise and manage their tasks and the engineering team activities to ensure all are completed to time and schedule whilst ensure the required design process and quality is maintained
- Good communication skills. and ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders customers, senior management, engineering and supporting functions. Ability to tailor communications to level and audience at all levels
- Excellent stakeholder management and customer interfacing skills.
- Product development experience at team lead level.
- Proven experience and demonstrable achievement in systems engineering principles with regards product development.
- Experience in interpretation of customer specs and end use environments.
- Understands the principles of 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- Develop hardware concepts efficiently from limited or vague customer requirements and communicate potential solutions.
- Experience in Product Qualification, for EMC, Environmental requirements.
- Design Authority experience / or related experience where you have been responsible / accountable for a product.
- Experience in Hardware Product development would be highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Firmware development, design and test using suitable toolsets (i.e. Xilinx Vivado, ModelSim)
- Proven analytical skills in circuit simulation (Matlab, LT Spice)) and thermal analysis.
- Product Quality Testing and Certification.
- Experience of working with Industry standard toolsets for requirement capture, design and task management (e.g. DOORs, Microsoft Project).
- Experience with interfacing to RF circuitry and high speed D/A /A/D conversion
- Experience using the Mentor Graphics tool suite; xDxX Designer, Constraints Editor, HyperLynx tools such as Signal Integrity & Power Analyser, SystemVision simulation or equivalents would be advantageous.
For full information, please get in touch!