Purpose of Position
This role is for an engineer who is part of a team responsible for product integration and test activity with a heavy emphasis on test automation. EvO is the first phase of the MORPHEUS program which includes the transformation of BCIP to an open and flexible technical and business architecture.
Individuals in this role will carry out product integration with hardware & software components in a Tactical C4I System, define & execute test cases, and carry out problem solving to identify defects and provide assurance & acceptance evidence for the system.
Product Integration and Test operate as part of the Agile Release Train level within a Scaled Agile Framework. Tasks will be varied and include product integration, verification, validation, assurance & analysis against product design documentation. The successful candidate will work within a multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver outputs that meet customer needs to defined quality standards within agreed timescales and budgets
- Support the development of appropriate integration and test plans
- Support detailed planning to successfully execute integration and test activity
- Define test requirements, specifications, procedures and scripts with reference to system and product specification, design and use cases
- Execute defined integration activities
- Execute tests and manage test results and associated data
- Support the production of test reports and associated test conclusions
- Support status reporting of integration and test activities.
- Support build and test automation activity as well as the continuous improvement of integration and testing processes, procedures and tools.
- Carry out integration and test activity within the SAFe Agile Framework program
- Broad competence in Product Integration and Test - Significant experience and depth of understanding across the discipline, practicing as a PI&T engineer on a complex development program
- Ability to carry out PI&T activity as part of a team
- Understanding and experience of developing Tactical C4I Systems; knowledge of the BCIP system is highly desirable.
- Understanding of tactical network infrastructures including networks, radios, routers, switches and system management considerations
- Experience with DevOps and automation. Using tools such as Katalon, AutoIT, Chocolatey, Robot and Python
- Previous experience with Aglie/SAFe methodologies
- Ability to orient issues within Internet and OSI-layered communications models - good understanding of messaging and routing protocols, TCP/IP, UDP, including those applicable to wireless and wired environments
- Technical awareness of electrical, mechanical and computer systems hardware including knowledge of commercial IT architecture and technologies
- Proven methodical analytic fault finding skills - comfortable working in a technical laboratory while adhering to lab rules e.g. safe handling, equipment tracking and ESD
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and Visio. Ability to generate well-structured technical documents and manage through a review process to achieve release to committed deadlines. Ability to present formally at progress reviews and contribute productively in the team and with external UK MoD and other stakeholders
- Our Company Benefits:
- We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight - which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family's needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices - giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
About General Dynamics UK
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.