Our client, based in South Wales, are looking to expand their team and recruit a Production Maintenance Engineer on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this role supports and leads the shift-based maintenance team, driving and delivering operational targets within budget and timescale.
The successful candidate will work in a hands-on position, within a fast-paced production environment, alongside a team of Maintenance personnel, supporting the business and delivering through their experience and know-how on a diverse range of plant machinery. The role is responsible for identifying and driving improvement activities and will require a high level of technical expertise including PLC systems, AC / DC drives and the latest electrical technologies and automation techniques.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:-
* Ensure adherence and improvement in all safety and environmental standards. Provide hands-on, practical support to a team of multiskilled technicians, who operate across a variety of shift patterns, completing both proactive and reactive Maintenance activities.
* Ensure site services, including HV switch gear, electrical distribution systems, process water and compressors are monitored and maintained.
* Support / manage project activity, including the technical specification, planning and delivery of projects such as new machine design, retrofitments and improvement activities.
* Support the achievement of all maintenance measures, including; PPM Completion %, Shift Task Close Out Ratio, Machine Downtime, Breakdown and fault reduction activity, meantime between failure, meantime to repair, etc
* Implement lean / continuous improvement activity and strategy to improve performance and drive site sustainability using tools such as 5Why, FMEA and Kaizen to identify areas needing improvement.
* Support the identification and implementation of actions to minimise conversion costs, with specific focus on Energy and Maintenance spend.
* Identify and implement innovative technical solutions to overcome maintenance problems with first time fixes.
* Take responsibility for aspects of direct line leadership of the maintenance team, Coordinating activities across all shift patterns.
* Ensure site standards, conditions and procedures are adhered to and upheld Support the development of Maintenance Technicians and apprentices in relation to electrical and mechanical activities
The chosen individual will preferably be educated to degree standard in an electrical engineering discipline however, candidates with a minimum of an HNC level qualification together with significant relevant experience will be considered.
A strong 'Hands-on' on background within a maintenance role is essential as is the resilience and ability to work independently to minimise downtime of equipment. A good understanding of electrical control principles and hardware to provide technical support to technicians is also required
These positions are on a 4on/4off shift pattern across a 7 day week calendar with each shift being 11.5 hours.(average 40.25 hours per week)
Remuneration package includes:
Do you agree to our terms & conditions & privacy statement?
Receive updates & notifications from Ex-MilitaryCareers.com