Production Manager - Eastbourne ££TBC
Our client is based in Eastbourne and is a global manufacturer. Pushing the boundaries of science in all industries from medicines to mobile phones to cars to chemicals. Our client is the partner of choice for tens of thousands of customers in critical applications around the world.
They are looking for a Prouction Manager to optimise cost safety and quality with the goal to deliver zero accidents and zero defects with zero leadtime and zero cost growth. Basically your job would be to make things easier, better, faster and cheaper.
Your main responsibilities will be
- To manage the day to day operational activities through the Team Leaders, and Cell Support Engineers to exceed performance in terms of output, service levels, product availability, cost and response to meet the commercial objectives of the business.
- Coach the Team Leaders
- Strengthen your operational team demonstrating strong leadership to ensure effective recruitment and selection, objective setting, competency and organisation development.
- Identify the future talent pipeline including succession planning by coaching, mentoring and developing your team.
- Ensure all zones fully comply with procedures governing safety (Risk Control Elements) and that the SHE program is followed ensuring the requirements of statutory legislation and ISO 45001:2018 are met.
- Develop and implement strategies aimed at improvements in manufacturing to achieve cost reduction, quality improvement and systems development ensuring that the requirements of ISO9001:2018 are met.
- Ensure that all zones are as efficient as possible and fully comply with the requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
- Establish, in agreement with the Manufacturing Manager, improvement targets, developing and implementing action plans to achieve continuous improvement in all key areas of responsibility.
- Pension with an employer contribution up to 8%
- Annual bonus starting at 7.5%
- Relocation package if applicable
- Health Cash plan, worth up to £860 per year
- Subsidised canteen
- Cycle to work scheme
- Valued recognition programme, earning gifts, vouchers, and long service awards
- 33 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays)
Salary is dependant on relevant experience.