Job Type: 6 month Contract
I have an opportunity for a Production Planner to work on my client's site in Stevenage who are an internationally renowned defence organisation who provide engineering support and capability to the armed forces.
They require an experienced Production Planner to work within a dynamic multi-functional team delivering design phase manufacturing test equipment and production hardware.
This is an exciting working environment where multiple projects run concurrently through the manufacturing facility.
The products are at various levels of design maturity and experience in a development manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
The role focuses on expediting material from procurement requisition to purchase order, engaging with suppliers, issuing material to manufacturing and supporting through delivery.
Your day to day duties will include:
· Scheduling of work orders using SAP
· Raising of purchase requisitions for material and /or special tooling
· Providing information on the status of the plan to integrated project team members
· Contacting suppliers and requesting updated delivery dates and reporting on supply issues
Skills and experience required:
· Extensive experience with an Enterprise Planning System, preferably SAP
· Ability to communicate well across different levels in the organisation
· ESD environment awareness would be an advantage
· Competent at Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
Please Note: Due to the nature of the position you will be required to undergo UK Security Clearance.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience please apply within.