Safran Helicopter Engines are the world's leading manufacturer of rotorcraft turbines and the only one dedicated exclusively to this market. Our UK facility is the European Maintenance Centre Hub for the SHE Group, performing level 1 to level 3 maintenance and repairs on complex helicopter engine components. Our experienced teams partner with our broad, global customer base, providing both technical expertise and broader support in both the fixed wing and rotary wing markets.
What will I be doing?
The Production Support Engineer in Safran Helicopter Engines UK is required to deliver the industrialisation of design changes or introduction of new products into Safran HE UK's manufacturing activity, whilst providing on-going technical support to the existing product portfolio. This spans the manufacture of various hydraulic and air systems, primarily for Safran Group customers.
* Introduce new products and design changes to customer parts, in compliance with Safran Industrialisation Processes
* Deliver all required elements to ensure compliance with Safran PPAP and industrial validation processes.
* Provide technical support to the existing product portfolio
* Deliver rapid problem solving to minimise the impact of product non conformance
* Whilst ensuring all Quality, Cost and Delivery Targets are respected.
* Interpret customer documentation Bill of Materials (BoMs), specifications, drawings, sketch sheets, assembly & test schedules etc. to ensure robust manufacturing processes.
* Responsible for fully validating all manufacturing processes, in accordance with HEUK and customer procedures.
* Play a supporting role in the Non-conformance management process
* Review all Customer product and specification change documentation and ensure the changes are interpreted and implemented into the documentation system in a controlled manner.
* Provide technical advice to internal customers and support engineering activity around emergent production issues
* Ensure that products and services meet the requirements of customers, quality standards and airworthiness authorities.
* Work in accordance with HSE legislation, the Company Operating Systems, policies and procedures.
* Demonstrate the Company Values & Behaviours.
* Continuously identify opportunities to improve processes and working practice and take responsibility for implementing improvement actions.
Operating worldwide, Safran Helicopter Engines employ 5,900 people and have more than 2,500 customers in 155 countries, and 22,000 engines in service.
Located in Fareham on the South Coast of the UK, we've been a leader in the aerospace market for over 80 years, with a reputation for putting our customers first. Supporting both the civil and military markets, our UK facility is the European Maintenance Centre Hub for the Safran Helicopter Engines Group.
As a valued member of our team, these are just a few of the benefits you'll receive:
25 days holiday a year (plus bank holidays)
Additional day for every 10 years' service
Flexitime - where you can accrue up to your contractual hours
Option to leave from 12:30 on Friday
Hybrid working - on site 3 days per week from home 2 days
On site restaurant with daily £1.50 subsidy for lunch
Costa coffee on site
Generous pension contributions (7% after 3 months)
Health cash back scheme (after probation)
Purchase of company shares (after 3 months)
Annual bonus of up to 3%
Company sick pay
Our dedicated Benefits Portal with a range of lifestyle benefits, including life assurance, cycle to work, retail discounts, access to healthcare & wellbeing services)
Ample free parking
Accrue points for traveling to work by bike, walking, public transport or car share
Once a quarter receive Amazon vouchers for the points (40 points = £10)
What do you need from me?
Recognised Engineering Qualification - Minimum HNC
Project Management qualification would be an advantage
Knowledge of Production Engineering either from Aerospace (preferred), high tech manufacturing or precision engineering
Thorough understanding of the manufacturing processes and procedures
Ability to create a plan and deliver to agreed deadlines.
Strong IT skills including MS Office applications
Experience of creating / updating technical documents.
Minimum 3 years' experience in a manufacturing environment highly desirable
Experience of PPAP and associated tools, including PFMEA, Process Capability and MSA a distinct advantage.
What's my next step?
Please apply via the website and if you have what we are looking for, a member of our talent acquisition team will be in touch.
Specificity of the job
Infrequent travel - less than 3 weeks per year