Production Test Engineer
Job Type: 6 month contract
Due to an increase in workload on my client site in Bolton an opportunity has arisen for a Production Test Engineer to undertake a 6 month contract. They are an internationally renowned defence organisation who provide engineering support and capability to the armed forces.
- Production test and diagnostics of complex weapons at system and Subsystem level.
- Testing of complex electronic & electrical equipment, and diagnosis of production test failures down to component level.
- Identification of corrective action, in a timely manner allowing Manufacturing to continue production in line with programme.
- Assessment of Test Equipment issues, directing support services to resolve equipment failures.
- Evaluation of technical problems in order to develop proposals for investigations and corrective actions, including process improvements.
- Test Engineering representative at Defect Review Board meetings to ensure efficient progress of equipment and quality notifications towards corrective action. Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications)
To be considered for this position you should possess the following skills/ experience:
- HNC/HND (Electronics) Level of Qualifications or equivalent, plus substantial level of experience in digital & analogue electronics manufacture and test
- A good understanding of measurement and test principles, and associated equipment.
- An understanding of RF and microwave technology at subsystem level would be an advantage.
- An understanding of Environmental testing (including ESS) would also be an advantage.
- Good planning and organising skills.
- Communication skills, with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Manual handling training.
Please Note: Due to the nature of this position you will be required to undergo Security Clearance
If you feel you have the right skills and experience please apply within.