We have an excellent opportunity for a Programme Development Coordinator to join our team in the South West region. The Programme Development Coordinator will support the delivery of a robust and systemic programme development and value management process for the Region, ensuring investment proposals and emerging solution designs meet intended outcomes and provide the best lifecycle value.
This role will be based from our Bristol office.
What you’ll be leading on
- Support the development of scheme briefs and business cases, ensuring business outcomes are clear, and that all necessary stakeholders (e.g. engineering, design, delivery, supply chain teams etc.) provide regular inputs and are consulted on the development of proposed solutions / designs.
- Planning and delivering programme development related activities within expected timescales and quality standards, and that all supporting information and documents are effectively stored and controlled.
- Provide support to the team by preparing minutes and maintaining records of meetings with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinating the project brief and business case approval process, liaising with colleagues to manage timescales and impacts on the forward programme planning process.
- Provide coordination and preparation support for relevant programme development and value management activities.
To be successful
- Willingness to embrace coaching to gain a good understanding and working knowledge of project management disciplines.
- Identification and use of appropriate metrics for analysis and interpretation of information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience in using Microsoft Office 365 (primarily Excel, Teams, Word, Outlook).
- Strong administrative and interpersonal skills including diary management and minuting.
A bit about us
Making sure our customers have safe and reliable journeys is at the heart of everything we do in Operations. We keep the roads open for business and play a key role in making sure the network we manage is fit for purpose today and for the future. We achieve this through the delivery our capital programme, supporting customers on the road with our Traffic Officer Service and managing incidents effectively.
Want to know more?
For a copy of the Job Description please contact firstname.lastname@example.org?quoting reference #3969
Why you should join us
At National Highways we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So, if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation.
An informal blended working approach has been adopted for many of our roles across National Highways. We offer many different ways to work flexibly and we’re open to discuss part-time working, job shares, and flexible start and finish times.
Please wait until the interview stage before asking us about flexibility, and we will explore what is possible.
Our benefits package
- Our total reward package includes basic salary, the potential for a performance related bonus
- Contributory pension scheme with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Annual Leave starting at 26 days (plus Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day each year up to 31 days (plus Bank Holidays)
- Flexible hours and blended working between base location/home
- Life assurance of 4 times annual salary
- Health and wellbeing support, including an Employee Assistance Programme, available 24/7 365 days and network of mental health first aiders. Plus access to a wellbeing app to enhance your self-care 24/7, Occupational health service and flu vaccines
- A cycle to work scheme for the purchase of a bicycle and equipment for healthy, low carbon travel
- Significant investment in your career development, through learning and development, talent management, coaching, mentoring and on job experience
And we are
- Family friendly with enhanced maternity leave and pay, paternity leave (15 days), shared parental leave, adoption leave. Plus access to financial support for holiday play schemes and paid special leave (up to 5 days pa), eg for caring responsibilities
- Money friendly with access to a discounts platform including over 3000 discounts for supermarkets, eating out, leisure, holidays. Alongside a financial wellbeing programme
- Community friendly – offering paid leave to volunteer, 3 days basic/year plus an extra 3 days to support the national Covid effort
If you are successful, it is key to know all offers of employment are subject to satisfactory completion of our pre-employment checks which include:
- Right to work check
- 3 year employment history references
- DBS criminal record check
- Social media and adverse journalism check
- Driving licence check (if applicable)
- Fit to work questionnaire (for all), followed by a medical check (if applicable)
We reserve the right to close before the advertisement expires