Programme Development Team Leader (Bridges & Structures)
National Highways have an excellent opportunity for a Programme Development Team Leader to project manage and coordinate a programme of bridge & structure renewal schemes through site surveys, feasibility, value management and prelim design stages for the South East Region.
You will lead a team of project managers in defining, capturing and documenting the business objectives for the portfolio of renewal schemes to ensure the best value and whole-life solutions are selected to meet those objectives. The total capital renewal programme spend for the Region across bridges and structures is approximately £65 million per annum.
This position will be based in one of our offices at either Guildford, Maidstone or Basingstoke.
What you’ll be leading on
- Project Managing and facilitating the development of the region’s 5-10 years forward programme of work, coordinating inputs and activities across multiple regional teams (e.g. Asset Needs and Commercial)
- Ensuring all relevant activities required in the development of the forward programme are well planned, managed and delivered within expected timescales and quality standards
- Providing the tools and specialist resources required to manage and embed programme development and VM processes in the Region’s investment and scheme planning activities.
- Managing the development of project briefs and business cases, ensuring business outcomes are clearly articulated, and that all necessary stakeholders (e.g. asset needs, design, delivery, suppliers, early contractor involvement etc.) are consulted on the development of the proposed solutions.
- To provide leadership, direction and line management of your team of project managers, ensuring timely setting of objectives, performance management reviews and development of appropriate succession and development plans.
- Ensuring the health and safety and wellbeing of customers, employees and our suppliers are fully considered and accounted for throughout the planning and delivery of each activity
To be successful
- Good understanding of relevant bridge and structure standards and associated strategies for renewal
- Good commercial, contract and financial acumen, including driving innovation and adding value to programmes of work to ensure budgets and deliverables are met.
- Experience in leading a high performing team to achieve deliverables to programme and budget
- Demonstrate previous experience of project/programme management across a portfolio of schemes, and have a working knowledge of project management tools, ideally including CEMAR & P6 Programmes
- Experience working collaboratively with suppliers and internal & external stakeholders to deliver a safe, cost effective programme of work
Want to know more?
For a copy of the Job Description please contact Nationalhighways@mailgc.cx.ukg.oraclecloud.comquoting reference #4367