Your new role
Join Our Team as Programme, Governance and Assurance Manager.
Are you a problem solver who loves to uncover insights and drive business delivery? Are you motivated by providing good service in a broad-reaching, supportive environment and enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop long-term programmes? If so, we want you to join our team as a Programme, Governance and Assurance Manager.
As a Programme, Governance and Assurance Manager, you will be a key member of our team, working closely with stakeholders across the directorate to analyse financial performance, identify opportunities for improvement in how we work and develop robust governance frameworks.
You will have the opportunity to work on a broad portfolio of work and have a direct impact on the success of Customer, Strategy and Communications, which houses some of the most exciting and sector-leading projects in the industry and helps to shape the future of our company.
What you’ll be leading on
- Own the Directorate investment decision process, ensuring that Directorate business plans can be delivered by understanding which spend needs to be approved when, project managing the pipeline of approvals and following through to ensure contracts are placed
- Lead on the Divisional, Directorate and Corporate risk register to ensure they identify risk and have clear mitigation
- Leading on ensuring that appropriate governance and assurance frameworks are in place across the Directorate
- Managing and developing the Directorate’s management assurance activities alongside our Exec Director and Corporate team.
- Participating in the development and implementation of improved performance reporting.
To be successful you’ll need
- Experience of leading workstreams or managing projects in a programme office
- Being comfortable working with ambiguity in a complex change environment, and establishing processes and governance to provide clarity and structure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders within the business both in writing and verbally
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work both in a team and independently
- Comfortable working with numbers and have an understanding of financial topics
A bit about us
- Our directorate plays a critical role in National Highways. We set the course for strategic roads, enabling the company to deliver economic and social benefits through meeting the needs of our customers and clients, as well as our regulatory obligations.
- We are the focal point within National Highways responsible for providing the corporate strategic planning function for the organisation.
- We deliver critical analytical support, provide strategic direction for our customer service imperative, partner with colleagues across the business to devise and deliver communications activities, and we shape, lead and drive the overall transformation of National Highways.
Want to know more?
To request a copy of the role profile, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number 4495.
Why you should join us
At National Highways we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So, if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation.
Our benefits package
- Our total reward package includes basic salary, the potential for a performance related bonus
- Contributory pension scheme with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Annual Leave starting at 26 days (plus Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day each year up to 31 days (plus Bank Holidays)
- Flexible hours and blended working between base location/home
- Life assurance of 4 times annual salary
- Health and wellbeing support, including an Employee Assistance Programme, available 24/7 365 days and network of mental health first aiders. Plus access to a wellbeing app to enhance your self-care 24/7, Occupational health service and flu vaccines
- A cycle to work scheme for the purchase of a bicycle and equipment for healthy, low carbon travel
- Significant investment in your career development, through learning and development, talent management, coaching, mentoring and on job experience
And we are
- Family friendly with enhanced maternity leave and pay, paternity leave (15 days), shared parental leave, adoption leave. Plus access to financial support for holiday play schemes and paid special leave (up to 5 days pa), eg for caring responsibilities
- Money friendly with access to a discounts platform including over 3000 discounts for supermarkets, eating out, leisure, holidays. Alongside a financial wellbeing programme
- Community friendly – offering paid leave to volunteer, 3 days basic/year plus an extra 3 days to support the national Covid effort
If you are successful, it is key to know all offers of employment are subject to satisfactory completion of our pre-employment checks which include:
- Right to work check
- 3 year employment history references
- DBS criminal record check
- Social media and adverse journalism check
- Driving licence check (if applicable)
- Fit to work questionnaire (for all), followed by a medical check (if applicable)
We reserve the right to close before the advertisement expires