Important: All applicants must be able to obtain the required Security Clearance *minimum 5 years UK residency*
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials. Routine UK and occasional overseas travel will be required.
- The company have a number of awards, most recently being named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
- Consistent, strong order book spanning the next 10 - 15 years!
- Full company benefits, hybrid working and progression!
- Real opportunity to influence..
The Programme manager will be reporting to the Senior Director Programs within the Projects Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for the leadership of a team of Project Managers and the co-ordination of project management activity across several projects and programmes, taking a lead in bid activity. The successful candidate should possess a proven track record in successful delivery of complex projects.
As a Programme Manager you will successfully manage a portfolio of similar or related projects for a business stream, providing effective leadership of Project Managers to achieve customer requirements along with meeting the business goals of schedule, budget, deliveries, risk management, sales, margin, and winning new/follow on business.
- Experienced Programme Manager with a successful track record in setting up and executing full lifecycle product development.
- Educated to degree level in Business/Engineering
- Experience / exposure in the delivery of engineering programmes.
- Knowledge and practical experience of best practice in Project Management techniques.
- Previous experience of successfully leading and managing a team.
- Experience of the commercial elements of project management, including managing contracts and supporting bids & proposals.
- Ability to solve complex problems effectively, demonstrating a proactive approach.
- Ability to liaise with both internal and external customers and key stakeholders.
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure and apply sound judgement at all times.
- Excellent leadership, delegation and teamwork skills.
- Excellent communication, influencing and persuading skills.
- High commercial and business awareness, customer focus and sales orientation
- PC and keyboard literate and working knowledge of project management tools, plus working knowledge of IFS or an equivalent ERP system.
- Maritime Domain experience is highly desirable
- APM Chartered Project Professional or equivalent qualification is desirable.
- A background in the Defence industry is desirable, particularly experience of working within SSRO regulations.
For full information, please get in touch!