Project Control Officer
Competitive salary plus benefits
Full Time/ Permanent 37.5 hours per week Monday- Friday
Hampshire, Portsmouth, PO1 3LT
The Vessel Replacement Programme (VRP) team are responsible for delivering new maritime services vessels to the MOD as part of DMS-Next Generation Contract 1. This exciting Programme will oversee the design, procurement, delivery and integration into service of the fleet of Tugs, Barges and other auxiliary craft for maritime tasks in the Royal Navy's Dockyard Ports.
Serco have an exciting opportunity for a Project Control Officer to join our existing team based at the HM Naval base in Portsmouth. Reporting to the VRP Senior Project Manager, the Project Control Officer will form a key role in the team for all elements of the Programmes PMO and Quality Management function, including the management of risk, change control, plans and Governance.
- Apply the VRP team's methodologies to monitor and track progress against work stream objectives and the overall programme deliverables.
- Provide appropriate reporting and tracking of issues to the Senior Project Manager by managing the VRP governance schedule.
- Ensure effective implementation of any resulting action plans across the team, while supporting lessons learned and promoting the sharing of best practices across Maritime.
- Lead on the management of risk for the VRP in alignment with the programme plan and divisional risk approach.
- Advise and track the change management process including impacts and mitigations across the VRP.
- Oversee all aspects of document control and information management for the VRP team.
- Champion Quality Management best practices across the Programme, including ISO9001 System Standards, Plan Do Check Act and general adoption of a Continuous Improvement culture.
- Document Control & Quality Assurance - including the VRP management strategy and plans, the Customers documentation and change requests, following ISO9001 best practices and group Management Information routines.
- Maintaining an effective Governance drumbeat, terms of reference and reporting outcomes for the programme.
- Overseeing the Management of Change process across the VRP.
- Tracking Dependencies from other areas of the Business and ensuring these are communicated and managed effectively.
What you'll need:
- Degree Level Education or equivalent relevant vocational qualification.
- Project / Programme Management certification and experience (e.g. APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) etc.)
- Familiarity with Project Lifecycle methodologies such as P3M, Waterfall, Agile etc.
- Experience or Qualification in Risk Management and the Management of Change.
- Advanced MS Office Skills, including Project Online, Teams, SharePoint, Word, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentational communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of collaboration, influencing, communication and engagement with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of working in a high-pressure environment and managing multiple workstreams.
- Must be able to deliver high quality formal reports and presentations within tight timelines
- A strong team player with excellent networking and influencing skills across a matrix managed operational and support environment.
- SC Security Cleared or ability to obtain the required clearance.
- Willingness to travel as necessary to deliver programme outcomes.
What we offer:
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Thrive App, Simply Health Plans, Annual Leave Purchase Scheme and more.
- Access to a huge range of discounts and exclusive deals such as Merlin Attractions, Mobile Phone discounts, Cinema discounts, Leisure, and Hospitality discounts.
- A fantastic culture and supportive team where you'll get the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
- Company discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Interesting and enjoyable work.
- Committed to professional and personal development with a wide range of training and coaching opportunities to expand your capabilities.
To discover more about our careers in Defence, meet our team, and to find out more about what we offer, please follow this Link. We're also a signatory of the UK Governments Women in Defence Charter, to find out more please click here.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens, we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. As a proud Disability Confident Leader and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard, disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.