The Lead Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that the contract support is delivered consistent with our high standards and satisfies customer's needs. The Lead Engineer will be responsible for overseeing all Typhoon SE requirements including the TyTAN programme and export contract delivery.
The Lead Engineer will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the current SE capability meets the programme needs and delivering the future capability required by the business.
- Influencing the design and development of the Support Solution strategy, driving innovative, cost effective and low risk solutions, whilst ensuring we meet the customer requirements.
- Together with the CS3 Project Engineering Manager, work with appropriate IPTs, in compliance with the Life Cycle Management framework.
- Take an active role in bid submissions - both technical input and review.
- Drive improvements and effectiveness of the team and processes.
- Ensuring that the correct tools are available within CS3 to enable us to meet our commitments efficiently.
- Providing technical direction as a discipline expert
- Attend Programme Design Reviews; to ensure project drivers are fully understood, considered, and the impacts of any associated risks are reduced.
- Produce performance reports, estimates and key performance targets to Programme Management.
- Work with the Captor workshare partners to ensure correct consortium support.
- Engage with Captor ML2 facilities in order to deliver ongoing support.
- As the Fast Jet product portfolio changes, embrace the new products and their support solutions.
- Mentor and develop the wider SE team within CS3, ensure they have appropriate training and opportunities to reach professional goals.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge.
- Knowledge of the principles of Support Solutions Development, Supportability Engineering and Logistics Analysis
- Experience of working on projects with a significant support element or equivalent working experience.
- Strong ability to multi-task and make priority judgements
- An excellent and confident communicator, able to engage with multiple stakeholders at varying levels.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of the appropriate ILS standards (Def. Stan. 0600 and the Defence Logistics Framework).
- Experience of multi-company collaborations or partnered working environments.
- Familiarity with asset management systems would be beneficial
- Relevant industry experience in aviation or engineering
Intrinsic job factors
- Adaptable and innovative - open to new ideas and skilled to lead change initiatives.
- Confident and self-motivated with a strong ability to foster and develop effective working relationships with both external and internal stakeholders at various levels of seniority.
- Team work and collaboration with various business functions.
- Must be PC literate and familiar with MS Office suite.
- Must be happy to travel within the United Kingdom and occasional overseas travel.
- Role is site based at Edinburgh, Crewe Toll, with expectation to be on site 3 days of the week, or as business needs.
You must be eligible for full security clearance. For more information and guidance please visit the following website https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/united-kingdom-security-vetting-clearance-levels
Life at Leonardo
With a company funded benefits package, a commitment to learning and development, and a flexible approach to working hours focused on the needs of both our employees and customers, a career with Leonardo has never offered as many opportunities or been more accessible to as many people.
For a full list of our Company benefits please get in touch!