Important: Due to the nature of the projects all applicants must be sole British national's and be able to obtain SC/DV clearance.
Working: The role is office/hybrid based with occasional travel to other company/customer's sites in the UK or abroad. Office site presence, anticipated 3 days onsite, depending on project needs.
Want to work for a successful business, who develop advanced specialist systems to deliver warfighting edge in the modern maritime and underwater battlespace?
The company have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
Further Information: This is a 12 month fixed term contract, this could possibly be extended or even offered as a permanent position at the end of the 12 month contract.
Key Responsibilities as a Project Manager:
- Be the primary customer contact.
- Successfully manage a portfolio of similar or related projects for a business stream achieving customer requirements along with meeting the business goals of schedule, budget, deliveries, risk management and winning new/follow on business.
- Monitor project performance against plan, cost and delivery, and identify appropriate corrective actions by conducting periodic cost, schedule, performance and risk reviews.
- Prioritise, identify and obtain the required resources, including facilities, tools and personnel to achieve successful project execution.
- Supply accurate cost and schedule information in the preparation of bids and reports.
- Provide effective leadership, manage all customer interfaces, and communicate effectively to Senior Management, team members and peers to establish a common understanding of Project Scope and plan for successful programme execution.
- Motivate the team by communicating a shared vision, providing direction, setting goals and mentoring, creating a team environment that encourages people to work towards common objectives.
- Carry out other duties that may reasonably be required by the Programmes Director or the Programme Manager in support of department activities.
- Experience in new product implementation new product development.
- Experienced Project Manager with a successful track record in setting up and executing full project lifecycle, including concept, launch, product development, transition to production, product delivery and in service support.
- Educated to degree level in Business/Engineering.
- APM qualified (or equivalent).
- Excellent leadership, delegation and teamwork skills with a collaborative mindset.
- Excellent communication, influencing and persuading skills at all levels in the business.
- High commercial and business awareness, customer focus and sales orientation.
- Resilient - able to operate effectively under stretching project constraints, pressure and displays sound judgement at all times
- PC and keyboard literate and working knowledge of project management tools, plus working knowledge of IFS or an equivalent ERP system.
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous.
Experience in the following would be desirable:
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Experience of managing multi-disciplined projects with a focus on systems engineering and integration and/or manufacturing is highly desirable.
- Experience in the Naval / Maritime domain would be advantageous.
For full information, please get in touch