Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance *minimum 5 years UK residency*
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
Want to work for a successful business, who develop advanced specialist systems to deliver warfighting edge in the modern maritime and underwater battlespace?
The company have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
The Project Manager will be reporting to the Programme Manager within the Projects Department within the business. The successful candidate will be responsible for the co-ordination of project management activity across a number of programmes, taking a lead in bid activity. The successful candidate should possess a proven track record in successful delivery of complex projects.
Experience of managing multi-disciplined projects with a focus on systems engineering and integration is highly desirable. A background in In Service Support projects and the Defence industry is required. Routine UK travel will be required.
- Be the primary customer contact
- Successfully manage a portfolio of similar or related projects for a business stream achieving customer requirements along with meeting the business goals of schedule, budget, deliveries, risk management and winning new/follow on business
- Monitor project performance against plan and identify appropriate corrective actions by conducting periodic cost, schedule, performance and risk reviews. Prioritise, identify and obtain the required resources, including facilities, tools and personnel to achieve successful project execution
- Supply accurate cost and schedule information in the preparation of bids
- Provide effective leadership, manage all customer interfaces, and communicate effectively to Senior Management, team members and peers to establish a common understanding of Project Scope and plan for successful programme execution
- Motivate the team by communicating a shared vision, providing direction, setting goals and mentoring, creating a team environment that encourages people to work towards common objectives
- Carry out other duties that may reasonably be required by the Programmes Director or the Programme Manager in support of department activities
- Project Management and delivery experience.
- Experienced Project Manager with a successful track record in setting up and executing full lifecycle product development.
- Experience of managing multi-disciplined projects.
- Educated to degree level in Business/Engineering
- Excellent leadership, delegation and team work skills
- Excellent communication, influencing and persuading skills
- High commercial and business awareness, customer focus and sales orientation
- Resilient - able to operate effectively under stretching project constraints, pressure and displays sound judgement at all times
- PC and keyboard literate and working knowledge of project management tools, plus working knowledge of IFS or an equivalent ERP system
- APM or similar
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous.
- A background in In Service Support projects is highly desirable.
- Experience in projects within systems engineering and integration is highly desirable.
For full information, please get in touch!