Your new role
We are currently recruiting for multiple Project Managers to join our Scheme Delivery Team located across the Midlands. We have many office locations throughout the Midlands region offering flexibility for place of work. Within this role, you will be managing the delivery of a portfolio of maintenance and improvement projects. You will also be overseeing third party supplier performance on schemes so that technical, customer service and performance standards are met, and that any early warnings, risks and issues are managed with minimum or no negative impact on delivery.
What you’ll be leading on
- Manage the development of project plans, agree key project milestones, scope, acceptable risks and priorities with key stakeholders, ensuring the appropriate governance is in place to achieve successful delivery, taking schemes through the Gateway process. Ensure that all projects are in scope and are delivered within agreed parameters for quality, cost and time, ensuring they meet intended outcomes, customer service levels, quality and health and safety standards.
- Manage the expenditure and budgets for all projects, ensuring effective financial practices are in place and adhered to by all project resources, forecast expenditure using our commercial IT systems and manage variances.
- Striving to achieve efficiencies within projects, using best practice, innovation and continuous improvements by ensuring that programme delivery plans are optimised through effective collaboration between stakeholders, economical sequencing of delivery activities, and optimal management of resources.
- Ensure all safety process are in place at start of scheme. During scheme challenge all on site to seek continuous improvement, encourage near miss reporting from all levels of workforce, share lessons learnt and install a culture that everyone goes home at the end of the day safely.
- Establish and maintain professional and collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and supply chain, ensuring regular checkpoints take place to build trust, update on progress and address any concerns.
To be successful
- Have an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of CDM and health and safety regulations and are competent with the principles of, and reporting functionality for H&S, Risk and Contract Management systems.
- Have knowledge and experience of Highways Construction & Maintenance practices.
- Evidence of managing and maintaining agreed project plans and detailed stage plans in conjunction with delivery partners and experience of supporting the development of complex, medium/high risk projects or high-profile projects.
- Strong collaborator, to gain the involvement and engagement of a wide range of stakeholders.
- Desirable to have a recognised qualification in Engineering and/or Project or Programme Management or be willing to work towards obtaining such.
A bit about us
Making sure our customers have safe and reliable journeys is at the heart of everything we do in Operations. We keep the roads open for business and play a key role in making sure the network we manage is fit for purpose today and for the future.
Want to know more?
To request a copy of the role profile, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number #4898
Why you should join us
At National Highways we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So, if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation.
Our benefits package
- Our total reward package includes basic salary, the potential for a performance related bonus
- Contributory pension scheme with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Annual Leave starting at 26 days (plus Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day each year up to 31 days (plus Bank Holidays)
- Flexible hours and blended working between base location/home
- Life assurance of 4 times annual salary
- Health and wellbeing support, including an Employee Assistance Programme, available 24/7 365 days and network of mental health first aiders. Plus access to a wellbeing app to enhance your self-care 24/7, Occupational health service and flu vaccines
- A cycle to work scheme for the purchase of a bicycle and equipment for healthy, low carbon travel
- Significant investment in your career development, through learning and development, talent management, coaching, mentoring and on job experience
And we are
- Family friendly with enhanced maternity leave and pay, paternity leave (15 days), shared parental leave, adoption leave. Plus access to financial support for holiday play schemes and paid special leave (up to 5 days pa), eg for caring responsibilities
- Money friendly with access to a discounts platform including over 3000 discounts for supermarkets, eating out, leisure, holidays. Alongside a financial wellbeing programme
- Community friendly – offering paid leave to volunteer, 3 days basic/year plus an extra 3 days to support the national Covid effort
If you are successful, it is key to know all offers of employment are subject to satisfactory completion of our pre-employment checks which include:
- Right to work check
- 3 year employment history references
- DBS criminal record check
- Social media and adverse journalism check
- Driving licence check (if applicable)
- Fit to work questionnaire (for all), followed by a medical check (if applicable)
We reserve the right to close before the advertisement expires