Candidates must hold active SC clearance to be considered for this opportunity.
This is an exciting role and key role interfacing with building projects and interfacing with the Airbus Defence & Space facilities team.
Due to the growth and development of the Airbus sites in the UK, the volume of building and construction projects being introduced and launched on site has driven a requirement for technical project manager to oversee mechanical, electrical and building fabric installations standards in support of the Services organisation.
The role would be suitable for a candidate who has project management experience with a background in building services.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate an understanding of the types of issues and processes they may encounter whilst working with the project team and evidence of success working with the suppliers to resolve those issues.
A solid understanding of how buildings are built from a structural, mechanical and electrical engineering perspective is essential.
The role will include the following activities:
- Lead and provide technical input for all strategic projects in way of mechanical, electrical and building fabric requirements for capital investment projects
- Continuous and structured interface with the site technical services teams ensuring current standards and specifications are aligned
- Support the development of specifications including feasibility study requirements ensuring all compliance and sustainability requirements are met
- Provide technical input to support business case and Capital investment projects on site
- Represent and lead all technical service interfaces on any design reviews
- Advise and coach our Major Project management team on issues and resolutions in relation to mechanical electrical services
- Attend all design reviews as the Services representative
- Monitor to ensure project delivery to key timescales escalating to the Services management team
- Provide a summary of project status on a weekly basis on all Service requested investments
- Interface with core Airbus services team on any local / geographical issues
- Represent Services in other functional business cases to ensure all technical requirements and standards are achieved
- Represent Services in specific project reviews
- Ensure all technical requirements and required specifications are delivered at the different stages of project delivery to ensure standards and deliverables are met
- Ensure all asset details are captured as per the agreed process ready for deployment into the CAFM system/project pack.
Probable extension after initial contract duration
Base of Work
This role will be a hybrid role working from home (2 days) and on site (3 days) - Free parking is provided for this role
Guidant Global (Airbus) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.