VIVO, a 50:50 joint venture between Serco and EQUANS, has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
VIVO embodies both experience and innovation. It combines Serco's comprehensive track record delivering engineering, technical and FM services to the UK MOD for over 55 years with EQUANS' market leading FM, energy, asset optimisation and regeneration capabilities.
Location: MoD Credenhill, Hereford, HR4 7BZ
Type: Perm, Full-Time
Salary: Competitive + Company Car/Allowance
As Project Manager you'll manage the end-to-end Billable Works (Projects) process (concept-design-pricing-delivery-handover) for a programme of Billable Works within the area of remit, ensuring a high-quality output and that all works are delivered on time and within budget. Deliver support to customers with technical, professional and specialist knowledge with minimal supervision. Use clear communication to deliver technical solutions to customer and client and reflect the VIVO values.
- Responsible for driving the project through to completion, assessing risks and managing accordingly
- Oversee delivery of Billable Works in accordance with Government Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, complying with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Monitor Supply Chain work teams to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks to achieve safe working, timely delivery and required quality and all performance indicators are consistently achieved.
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard
- Confer with local DIO representatives, the Local Customer Service Representative and the relevant Site Manager to agree scope, priorities and delivery programmes of Billable Works on a regular basis.
- Progress tasks end to end through the Maximo system
- Ensure all documentation relating to Billable Works are completed and distributed in a timely manner, including upload to the Sharepoint system
- Support end users and management in providing optimal solutions to customer requirements to resolve end user issues, where possible, with a focus on supporting the MoD's carbon reduction targets.
- Assist in the resolution of complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Manage cost and stakeholder expectation through excellent communication and sound commercial decisions to ensure value for money.
- Work with all stakeholders to support the management and mitigation of contract risk.
- Ensure appropriate work plans and budgets are in place to achieve programmes and financial commitments, whilst meeting the changing operational need.
What You'll Need To Do The Role:
- Demonstrable experience of supervising staff in Project Management including:
- Leading an operational team to achieve KPIs
- Stakeholder management
- Management of costs
- Planning, directing and controlling activities
- Management of Safe Systems of Work
- Experience of supervising site operations, including:
- Planning, directing and controlling activities
- Agreeing scope and priorities of work
- Proactive performance management
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
Training and Qualifications:
- HNC/D level qualification in a Building/Civil Engineering or Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g., SMSTS)
- Continuing Professional Development
- Developed IT skills (e.g., Excel, Word, CAFM, Teams, SharePoint etc.)
- Meaningful and vital work: You'll be helping to deliver better public services through transformational innovation and change projects. You'll be at the heart of work that meets budget challenges, whilst never compromising on delivery
- A world of opportunity: You'll find hands-on work that is packed with variety whilst benefitting from the clear progression and development opportunities that you'd expect from a big company
- Great people: Our constant is the friendly, approachable, and diverse team you'll be a part of. We also support a flexible work environment that accommodates a great work/life balance
VIVO Defence Services
The role you have applied for is with VIVO Defence Services, a joint venture between Serco and EQUANS. By applying for this role, please be aware that information contained within your CV may be shared between VIVO Defence Services, Serco and EQUANS during the recruitment process.
At VIVO, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. Therefore, we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool.
We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working and operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident Employer. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. If candidates wish to request extra time to apply then they should contact 0345 010 4000 and ask to speak to a VIVO Recruiter.