Job Type: 6 month contract
Due to an increase in workload a Project Officer is required for my client's site in Stevenage who are an internationally renowned defence organisation who provide engineering support and capability.
The Project Officer will be responsible for working within the Manufacturing project teams in delivering test equipment throughout their product life-cycles and in accordance with established project control methodologies.
- Maintenance and regular reporting of project Key Performance Indicators.
- Act as an interface within Manufacturing to help ensure programme delivery, quality and cost.
- Provide, understand and present information at internal reviews and meetings.
- Assist the team with Risk and Opportunity management.
- Assist in the compilation of Manufacturing estimates and Cost at Completions.
- Assist in the compilation and analysis of workload forecast.
- Compilation and maintenance of project programmes and schedules.
- Maintain and improve the interface with internal customers and external departments.
- Some travel between sites will be required.
To be considered for this position you should possess the following skills/ experience:
Numerate and confident with basic mathematics
- Experience with SAP materials management system and Primavera 6 planning tool
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and tenacious individual who can prioritise as well as manage day-to-day tactical decisions.
- A clear, strong and effective communicator.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the basic application of Project Management skills at an assistant level.
- Computer literacy - basic but proven skills required in MS Word, spread sheets, presentations and planning tools.
Please Note: Due to the nature of this position you will be required to undergo Security Clearance
If you feel you have the right skills and experience please apply within