Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance, and as a minimum be living in the UK for 5 years.
Working: The role is office/hybrid based with occasional travel to other company/customer's sites in the UK or abroad. Office site presence, anticipated 2-3 days onsite, depending on project needs.
Want to work for a successful business, who develop advanced specialist systems to deliver warfighting edge in the modern maritime and underwater battlespace?
The company have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
- Accountable for the quality and integrity of project plans and schedule analysis in terms of time, cost and resources
- Compile reports to ensure project manager and team has up to date and accurate information.
- Verify the maintenance and accuracy of project plans, ensuring that they reflect the project objectives, are updated in a timely manner and communicated at all relevant levels.
- Track project performance to ensure project data accuracy on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Work with cross functional teams to support the planning process.
- Manage and communicate issues to relevant stakeholders.
- Effective resource planning, determining the project requirements and planning for these accordingly including proactive management and resolution of resourcing issues and conflicts.
- Planning and project control processes through regular project control reviews
- Application and reporting of EVM & CPA
- Understanding Risk and Opportunity management and maintenance
- The implementation of best practise tools and processes to drive planning improvements.
- Support bids and proposal planning
- Proven experience in project planning, preferably within the aerospace and defence industry.
- Understanding of Planning structures and principles (WBS, PBS - Product Breakdown Structure)
- Advanced IT skills and proficient in the use of MSP and or equivalent planning tools Primavera P6
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and lead cross-functional collaborations.
Experience in the following would be desirable:
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be
- Experience in the Naval / Maritime domain would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with project lifecycle management techniques
- Risk, Earned Value Management and Critical Path awareness.
For full information, please get in touch